Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    The cheap plastic mounting bracket broke. For reference I have totalscan and a mega hb transducer on my boat, the HB is a metal bracket, much sturdier.
    Total scan is Lowrance’s TOL transducer?

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GaBass21 View Post
    https://ww2.lowrance.com/Pro_Team_US/

Scroll down the page. The crappy plastic mount breaks and bangs the transducer against the hull busting the receivers.

I have cut open a lss transducer, they aren’t breaking by banging. Now the can go out and they can be duds from the factory, all brands though can do that.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    I hope you inform people spending their “hard earned dollars” that Garmin, Hbird, Lowrance, Raytheon,etc ain’t gonna change transducers for you on a whim. Dang sure ain’t gonna rig it. Not sure if he throwing shade at his mechanical ability, Falcons plumbing, or Lowrance.
    It wasn't isolated to that incident. It's pretty clear you didn't watch the video, or read the comments he wrote. And I'd bet my left nut that if Scott Martin showed up at the Garmin trailer, or Swindle at the Humminbird trailer and needed a transducer swapped he'd have 3 guys working on it while he went and grabbed dinner, especially at the Cup. Another day, another old man yelling at clouds.
    1997 Triton Tr-21
    1999 Johnson 225HO

4. Banned
    I didn’t read all 200 comments, but I saw one where he said that he wasn’t calling out Lowrance, he just told what happened.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GaBass21 View Post
    It wasn't isolated to that incident. It's pretty clear you didn't watch the video, or read the comments he wrote. And I'd bet my left nut that if Scott Martin showed up at the Garmin trailer, or Swindle at the Humminbird trailer and needed a transducer swapped he'd have 3 guys working on it while he went and grabbed dinner, especially at the Cup. Another day, another old man yelling at clouds.
    I watched the video a couple nights ago, mildly interested until it became clear he had agenda.

I don’t remember the mount breaking but that happens I guess. Not familiar with totaldud transducer. What I remember seeing was he wasn’t efficiently utilizing his time? At any rate I can put on a new transducer PDQ, guess I’m surprised pros can’t.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Hell yall are missing the big picture......................
    He is running a HB right next to the Lowrance!!!!!
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    If it’s there, I definitely missed it.

Edit: yep, definitely there.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 08-20-2019 at 11:11 PM.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Don’t remember hearing Bryan bitch when he found those shallow brush piles

9. Banned
    Funny thing is he was all about busting ass first of year. He getting lazy after the win? That would be my question for Brian.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    If it’s there, I definitely missed it.

Edit: yep, definitely there.

You would be surprised by how many run 2 or 3 brands so they can have best of all worlds. I was on an Elites boat and he said most guys run at least 2 brands, at least during practice. He had 3 on his for demonstrations. Said Lowrance had better 2d, Bird better side, Garmin better maps and he liked pan optics before live was available.

11. Member
    He is running a SS3D transducer. Not Totalscan.

12. Member
    4 units are great but 5 would be better lol. My brothers boat is currently rigged with HDS 12 and Solix 12 at the console. HDS 12 and the new Garmin live scope at the bow. Having the lowrance 2d and live scope up front is awesome but you lose the ability to go back to stuff you mark on the side imaging while graphing. Still searching for the perfect setup.

13. Member
    i THINK his gripe is the fact that lowrance has a service team there but they were unwilling to swap his ducer on the boat for him.

14. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    I was fortunate enough to have Lowrance units back when Linda Colt was still there. THAT was customer service. You could walk in the door and exchange transducers or units as needed right on the spot. They fired her for it.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    He is running a SS3D transducer. Not Totalscan.
    Why was he showing totalscan in video then?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    I was fortunate enough to have Lowrance units back when Linda Colt was still there. THAT was customer service. You could walk in the door and exchange transducers or units as needed right on the spot. They fired her for it.
    Yep she was the best at helping out.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Why was he showing totalscan in video then?

I was questioning it too, he was hooking it up to a 3D module, didn’t make sense what he was saying. I guess he could have the terminology wrong.

18. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    She was the best. When both of my 520c's filled with water she said. " They all do that to keep from overheating " Sent me 2 brand new ones overnight. She had a good sense of humor.

19. Member
    He sure did seem to throw a jab at Lowrance. I can’t imagine the service team not running that transducer for him. It seems that what a service team is for.

20. Member
    Definitely!
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    He should consider investing in a tranducer shield saver

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast