Thread: Prayer

Prayer

August 12 I lost my mom ,5 yrs ago I lost my dad , Thursday I couldn't leave the grave site cause I didn't want to lose them , I am 56 and I cried like a baby, I have accepted that they are gone , but why does it hurt so deep that I can't sleep or eat, my wife is here to comfort me and I know mom and dad are in heaven with no pain or dispair , I feel hollow

The fact that you miss them so much is a sign of what great patents they were. For that, be grateful and look up and thank them! Feeling hollow is a common sensation. Nothing or no one can ever take their place. But, in time, you will find that the hollow feeling dissipates and you’ll smile broadly when you think of them, rather than tearing up as you probably do now.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    I remember when I lost my mother (my father had already gone to glory). I walked out of the hospital with a fear that I'd never felt before. I was also about 56, and I realized for the first time in my life, I was alone. In an earthly sense of course. I had sisters, but they're younger than I am. I was the "man" and the leader of the family all of a sudden. That was a lot of responsibility. Always in the back of my mind I had known I could always run home to Ma'ma and Daddy. Now that option was gone. I was "on my own."

Of course, that feeling faded in time. I found that life did indeed go on. Going back to a grave for me was never a priority. I knew my mother and father weren't there. They were in heaven with Jesus. What was in the grave, was just what they'd left behind. I'll see them again in God's own time.

I feel for you Brother. It's a rough road at first, but with each day it gets better. Lean on the Lord. He's here for you and will get you through this.

I still have my parents so I can't relate exactly what your going through. I have lost a brother, I can tell you it was similar to what you've described. The hollow feeling I had, I asked the lord to fill it. He did with more of him, today I'm stronger in my faith. Able to lead my family and those around me better to his ways and not the ways of this world. Trust in the Lord with all your Heart, give it to Him. Prayers sent for you and your family.
    I BELIEVE!!!!

5. Member
    At times I just want to hang my head down and cry all day ,but I know that is not what they would want me to do,I am the only child and I live in another state to be close my my kin folks

Dread the day that I lose a parent, 56 also so know it is coming. Prayers with you brother, and peace to your family.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

7. Member
    Praise the Lord. He said that He will never leave nor forsake us. I encourage you to pray for His peace and know He has them in Paradise. I wish I could give you a word to make this better. I know the Bible teaches us to lean on Jesus, talk to Him. Prayers for you brother. Here is a link from a Greg Laurie sermon on this topic. Hope it helps.

2019 Phoenix 819 ProXP
    200 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS

8. Member
    It was 14 years ago tonight that my wife and I faced something I would not wish on anybody. August 27, 2005 fell on a Saturday. Our son Jacob had turned 16 on the 18th and it was the first evening we let him take the car out after getting his drivers license. His license had a 10:00 curfew on it so we didn’t have to tell him what time to be home but at approximately 9:35 we got the call that he had been in an accident. The pain that comes with that is something that cannot be described after the initial shock has left but I’m able to continue to live only because I know I’ll see him again. The only thing that helps the pain is my lord and savior Jesus Christ and time. Pray continually for strength and take it one day at a time!!