Thread: "PUMP OUT"

Question "PUMP OUT"

I bought a 2008 Champ 206 everything works, the bilge pump, aireators etc. except a switch labeled " PUMP OUT ".
    I can't tell what this is supposed to be. it doesn't turn on , and I don't know what it's for. Would appreciate any information on what this pump would be for. Poss pump out the live wells??

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Pimp out would be for livewells. Some boats had the switch tho did not have the actual pump. I guess to make it easier to add if buyer wanted the option.

3. Member
    Thanks Lea. I guess without that pump, the live wells drain into the sump and are pumped out with the bilge pump?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcotten View Post
    Thanks Lea. I guess without that pump, the live wells drain into the sump and are pumped out with the bilge pump?

No, the live-well will drain out thru a separate line. They will not drain into the bilge. If you look under the transom near the pad, you will see the separate drain holes. There should three, one that drains the bilge (your plug goes into that one), one that drains the livewell (you have to open the livewell valve for it to drain), and one that sucks water into the livewell.

5. Member
    OK, thanks OSUDVM, that makes a lot more sense , what was I thinking ??

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OSUDVM View Post
    No, the live-well will drain out thru a separate line. They will not drain into the bilge. If you look under the transom near the pad, you will see the separate drain holes. There should three, one that drains the bilge (your plug goes into that one), one that drains the livewell (you have to open the livewell valve for it to drain), and one that sucks water into the livewell.
    Forgot to say that the pump out is to fill weigh-in bags conveniently. If you have an opening in the gunnel on the back of the boat near the transom (usually on the opposite side of where the bilge pump-out exits), I bet you have a livewell pump out. So I would check the fuse to make sure the switch is still working. It could be electrical and the pump is still fine. BTW, the livewell drains much faster by just opening the valve than it does using the pump out.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OSUDVM View Post
    Forgot to say that the pump out is to fill weigh-in bags conveniently. If you have an opening in the gunnel on the back of the boat near the transom (usually on the opposite side of where the bilge pump-out exits), I bet you have a livewell pump out. So I would check the fuse to make sure the switch is still working. It could be electrical and the pump is still fine. BTW, the livewell drains much faster by just opening the valve than it does using the pump out.
    <br>
    <br>Meant to say, top cap and not gunnel.

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    My 198has three holes side by side on The starboard side of rear top cap. One is bilge, one is auto bilge and one is pump out. To fill bags, I stick a plastic tube/hose into the pump out hole and direct the flow to a bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    My 198has three holes side by side on The starboard side of rear top cap. One is bilge, one is auto bilge and one is pump out. To fill bags, I stick a plastic tube/hose into the pump out hole and direct the flow to a bag.
    my 210 is the same

2009 ELITE 210

Quote Originally Posted by BILL LO View Post
    my 210 is the same
    My 196 only has two, but it wasn't born with the auto bilge pump. I just replaced the original with an auto/manual pump and increased it to 1000 GPH. And yes, the livewell pump out does take forever...handing for filling bags though.