Thread: License Check

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I'm 67 and have been checked twice. Once on Reelfoot as a kid with my dad and once on a local lake.

I’ve been checked a lot in nc. Had one almost knock me in the water and didn’t even apologize.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    That doesn’t make any sense. I’m sure someone in a pleasure boat doesn’t have to have a license to launch their boat. How would he know if you planning to fish? I don’t think that would hold up in court.
    No fishing equipment equals no fishing, fishing equipment equals fishing No license with fishing equipment = fine
    Last edited by pa.X19; 08-20-2019 at 06:06 PM.

That doesn’t make any sense. I’m sure someone in a pleasure boat doesn’t have to have a license to launch their boat. How would he know if you planning to fish? I don’t think that would hold up in court.
    You might win in court but again you ain"t gonna win by arguing your point with a GW at the ramp. You guys are welcome to come on down and educate our GWs for us. In fact I highly urge you to. We like tourism money here in Texas and have great fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    No fishing equipment equals no fishing, fishing equipment equals fishing
    But they would still have to catch you actually fishing. You could be going out on the lake for a joy ride or test some equipment. You don’t need a license for that. Court would throw it out.

I’ve been checked with my girlfriend and she didn’t have a license but wasn’t fishing. She doesn’t need a license to ride in a bass boat.

But they would still have to catch you actually fishing. You could be going out on the lake for a joy ride or test some equipment. You don’t need a license for that. Court would throw it out.

Like I said feel free to argue with them if you ever make it down here. They do a great job but they don't play either. I'm betting if you show out and make a scene you will get some paper.

8. Banned
    Once and it was in my truck, game warden let me drivr boat to the ramp about 2 miles away and come back to show them I had it.

A few times. My wife is handicapped and we meet the exemption. She doesn’t need one and I don’t have to have one if she’s fishing. Only one guy asked me, I showed it, then I asked if I needed it by the book. He was a young guy and I didn’t push it. Just gave him something to think about. (She must be actually fishing for that to apply to me, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Like I said feel free to argue with them if you ever make it down here. They do a great job but they don't play either. I'm betting if you show out and make a scene you will get some paper.
    I’m just saying they don’t do it that way around here. If they did I would have thrown out in court. They can’t right you a ticket for doing something you didn’t do. Now if you got rods and tackle out then yeah I don’t think they need to catch you in the act. If you watch game wardens around here they will watch people through binoculars before they approach people. I never said any about making a scene either.

11. Member
    Maybe 4 times, hunting and fishing combined, with me closing in on 63, not many times. All my encounters have been good.

12. Banned
    I’ve been checked with my girlfriend and she didn’t have a license but wasn’t fishing. She doesn’t need a license to ride in a bass boat.
    Why would you have fishing equipment on board with no license or intent to fish? My wife can't touch a rod unless she has a license. Nice makes sense.

I’m just saying they don’t do it that way around here. If they did I would have thrown out in court. They can’t right you a ticket for doing something you didn’t do. Now if you got rods and tackle out then yeah I don’t think they need to catch you in the act. If you watch game wardens around here they will watch people through binoculars before they approach people. I never said any about making a scene either.

When you purchase the license you are agreeing to the privileges that license gives you and there is reasonable expectation to show that license along with other ID if requested by law enforcement from the issuing agency.
    Kinda like trying to refuse a boat check. Hood luck with all of that. You might get tickets, arrested and lose your license.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.out...n-in-the-field

14. Member
    I get checked once or twice a year here in AZ, Once I was cited. I had bought a new license 2 weeks earlier, Dec. Did not notice the girl at the counter sold me a license for the same year, not the next year. I explained and the Game & Fish guy could see the purchase date, but he gave it to me anyway. Went back to the store, exchanged for a next year license and sent a note to the court. Dismissed. That was when our licenses ran on calendar year. Now they are 12 months from purchase.

15. Member
    Been checked a bunch. Just show and they go.

Maybe a half dozen times is all, no problem with it.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

Mark is right. In Texas the GW " STATE POLICE" have total control. Been there and done that. If they say your wrong, YOU have to prove you're innocent. And the Justice of the Pease will still charge you court cost. It's a loose - loose down there.
    ******2008 ZX200/200 Yamaha Series 2******
    *God is great, beer is good ---- people are crazy*

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    When you purchase the license you are agreeing to the privileges that license gives you and there is reasonable expectation to show that license along with other ID if requested by law enforcement from the issuing agency.
    Kinda like trying to refuse a boat check. Hood luck with all of that. You might get tickets, arrested and lose your license.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.out...n-in-the-field
    No not in the dang parking lot , you can refuse a boat check and no fishing license required in parking lot , this is America.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    No not in the dang parking lot , you can refuse a boat check and no fishing license required in parking lot , this is America.
    You are correct the article said they need probable cause a violation had been committed. If you are fixing to put in you'd be fine legally, now if you have a over reaching jerk of an officer it would be easier to just comply but its not right.

"No not in the dang parking lot , you can refuse a boat check and no fishing license required in parking lot , this is America"

If you get involved with Texas GW . You'll rethink if you are.
    ******2008 ZX200/200 Yamaha Series 2******
    *God is great, beer is good ---- people are crazy*

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast