Thread: License Check

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I've been checked Oklahoma at least a dozen times.

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

Been checked plenty. Got checked Sunday, noticed today my fire extinguisher pin was out and it was in the red. It was fine Sunday when the warden asked to see it.

"I'm just looking for a bite"

I have been checked a few times fishing many more duck hunting. I was stopped once in Florida by USFW. I was with my girlfriend at the time a red head with really big boobies that spilled out of her swimsuit.
    I could have been breaking many laws right then but these guys would never have noticed. They were too busy staring at her boobs. I stood there with my license and whistle and fire extinguisher. They could not care less. Lol
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

4. Banned
    1 time

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    8-10 times total on different lakes. I have no issue with it, hope they keep checking people.
    'bout the same

6. Member
    Only once in 10 years and it's cause I tipped him off that my two boys wanted their "sportsman's card" checked. Not required but they were a $1 and supported what we loved to do. Made a deal out of it and all was well.

We fish Canada in Michigan and I have not even seen a CO on that side. Licensed but that being said they are out there. The last time the Elite tour rolled through they nailed one for having the wrong license. Fined and fish back into the lake.....OUCH.

7. Member
    I have been checked 3 times in the same day by the same game wardens on lake of the Ozarks. Made a lot of sense.

8. Member
    Between hunting and fishing I have been checked many times. I am 44. I get checked a couple times a yr. Probably 50 times or so. Not sure how yall have not been checked that often. Last yr I got checked 5 trips in a row. Get checked every time I go dove hunting. At this point I have a pretty rotten attitude wtih the game wardens.

9. Banned
    Maybe 2 in 20 years

10. Banned
    Quite a few times in the last couple years. The last time I was checked, the officers asked me for my license and I told him I didn't have one. Asked for my Drivers License, gave it to him and after he looked at it he saw that I was exempt due to being and old SOB. He then told me about getting a free card from FWC that shows that I am exempt. Had a good laugh and went back to fishing. They don't bother me, glad to see them out and about.

Actually only remember getting checked for license one time, but I'm old and maybe it was two times. I recall getting hassled one time by a water cop on Lk. Meridian in Kent, WA, because I was going the wrong direction on the lake. I was "S-ing" along, graphing, looking for some kind of a drop-off. Apparently, the skiers go counter-clockwise, and I wasn't. But there also weren't any ski boats on the lake, possibly because of the curfew related speed limit. But I don't recall if he checked my fishing license or not. Seems to me like if you're graphing and doing some "S" pattern, it would be safer to go opposite the direction of the ski boats, so as to see them coming. He seemed like a dick at first, but didn't write me a ticket or complain about what I was doing...I guess he just didn't understand it.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

Twice .. second time I refused to show it .. I hadn’t even launched yet or fished .. Didn’t intend on busting the guys chops but he didn’t ask and didn’t plan on asking any of the shore fisherman but asked me.. yeah I have a bass boat but skipped out on the thirty bucks .. rubbed me the wrong way

13. Member
    52 and less than a handful except for my local lake. The last 3 years on that 1 lake I've been checked at least 12 times.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Twice .. second time I refused to show it .. I hadn’t even launched yet or fished .. Didn’t intend on busting the guys chops but he didn’t ask and didn’t plan on asking any of the shore fisherman but asked me.. yeah I have a bass boat but skipped out on the thirty bucks .. rubbed me the wrong way

All joking aside you would not have been allowed to.launch here if you did that and probably would have been ticketed at the least if not arrested. Game wardens do not play here and failure to identify or show required licenses usually do not end well.

Last time I was checked was 2008 on Pickwick Lake. Before that it was 20 years.

16. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    I've been checked several times over the years. I like it, I keep my boat right. Get to talk to the Warden and get some info on what's going with the lake, etc.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Jerry, here in Missouri, I just drove down to the ramp w/o a boat. While talking to friends, the GW comes. Wanted to see my license. Told him I wasn't fish nor planned to. His response was, Show it to me now or I'll catch up to you later. I said I'll see you later.
    ******2008 ZX200/200 Yamaha Series 2******
    *God is great, beer is good ---- people are crazy*

18. Banned
    I don't want to jinx myself but once in Canada in like 91 on the boat. Once or twice when river and creek fishing around here when I was a teenager.

That doesn’t make any sense. I’m sure someone in a pleasure boat doesn’t have to have a license to launch their boat. How would he know if you planning to fish? I don’t think that would hold up in court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    All joking aside you would not have been allowed to.launch here if you did that and probably would have been ticketed at the least if not arrested. Game wardens do not play here and failure to identify or show required licenses usually do not end well.

20. Member
    Maybe 7 or 8 times. Few years ago in DC got checked, DC Police boat that checked me was maybe 300 yards away when another pulls up, says he wants to check me. I told him that other boat just checked me, young officer says he can check me if he wants and tells me he wants my ID. I hand him my military ID, and say "here is my military ID." His older partner gets on the radio, asks if I had been checked, response was yes. Young officer really wanted to check but his partner said "He's good, let's go."

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast