USA bleeding disc brakes

have been trying to get all the air out of the line on a tandem axel trailer. Have bleed 9 oz from one side and still getting air. have not seen any fluid on the drive or on either caliper(sp). Was bleeding the one fatherest from the master them gave that up and tried the other side and no luck there. how much fluid should the line hold.

Ran into some leaky bleeders when doing this on my dad's 57 Chevy last month. Also, had a leaky fitting upstream in the line.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Did you drop the tongue? It can be a pain to keep the master cylinder full since it doesn’t hold much. I don’t think 9oz is much fluid. I used the biggest part of a quart when I switched to disc brakes and put in a new actuator.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    went to the left side and all I could get was air. checked the caliper and it was frozen with to much pressure on the rotor took it off and tried to compress the piston and no luck put in the vise and no luck. replacing today.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old stratos View Post
    went to the left side and all I could get was air. checked the caliper and it was frozen with to much pressure on the rotor took it off and tried to compress the piston and no luck put in the vise and no luck. replacing today.
    Well, while you have the caliper off, stick a hose on the line and put the other end in a bottle of fluid and work all the air out of the line.

6. Scraps
    Does the trailer have one bleeder at the end of the run, or bleeder on each caliper? This is how mine is and it can be a pain to bleed. Start at the furthest and work toward the tongue. To help with filling the master cylinder, drop a small funnel in the top. The blue ones fit the diameter of the fill port perfectly. Then fill the cylinder and the funnel up with fluid.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Member
    two bleeders did start with the furthest and could not get the air out think it was pulling from the left side. glad I checked it because the pliston was frozen could not move it in the vise new caliper this morning

You should replace calipers in pairs. If one side is toast the other isn’t far behind.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

9. mikesxpress
    Best way I've found to bleed the brakes by yourself and get all the air out:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ht=Brake+bleed

10. Member
    Was going to say the same thing. Couldn't get mine right until I bought a vacuum bleeder from harbor freight. As many brakes that I've done over the years, I can't believe it took me this many years to spend $28.

11. Member
    I got the fiuid extractor tank from harbor freight. The vacuum bleeder works great. Keep in mind it is a good idea to flush/bleed brakes every three years as brake fluid retains moisture unless the newer synthetic fluids.