Thread: BAD TIMING

USA BAD TIMING

With the next two weekends coming up being big fishing weekends it's a bad time for a motor issue but here's what's happening. I've got a 2015 Merc. 250 Pro XS 142 hrs. Hole shot has been a little sluggish lately but with temps here around 98 degrees i didn't think anything about it. but when I skinned it back it climbed to 5600 a felt like it was running out of gas so I back off to 5200 ran fine. I got in it again ran up to 5600 and ran fine slowed for boat wake got in it again and this time stumbled again. I'm thinking fuel filter but had that changed at 100 hrs. Mechanic says could be spark plugs, which were changed at 100 hrs also. I know there's bad gas and plugs go bad also and I've been told to change fuel line. Comments Please before I start changing parts. I can't wait for Mechanic ,He's two weeks behind!

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the Top of the Forum, and provide the Required Information with your post. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Sorry! SN2b123247
    25 fury
    3.2-16+ psi
    smartcraft

4. Member
    Have you changed the plugs and filter this year at all or are you waiting until 200 hrs to change them? If not this year I'd change them now.

5. Member
    Getting same advice from several sources so i'm going to change them tomorrow and hope that solves the problem!

6. Member
    be very careful running it up there until problem is found if its lil lean on top end you could gald one quickly, if you see brn flakes in vst where filter is , you gotta start at pulse pump and go to tank
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    Agree.

8. Member
    Also keep in mind the plugs are 100hrs or annual whichever comes first, see the FAQ at top of forum.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax