Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I just read that the CG has covered all of the area they have determined they could be in and are suspending the search. There are SO many private individuals looking still though. I’m hoping for some answers for these families.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Banned
    I thought it was game over yesterday. It didnt pan out..but when I heard life raft for sure with my own ears, and then reading rumblings from people out there that there was a "raft with persons" it just seemed like a great end to a sad story. I really hope that things still upright. I dont know anything about the gulf stream or the ocean. but I know the coast guard dropped some buoys to track the drift and some of the bouys were already in new england. that gulf stream pushes them north tho....and thats not good I dont think. Cant imagine the cold will do anything good for them.

Still hoping for the best...and Im sad it didnt work out yesterday. scary stuff. reinforces why i am so careful when i am on the water.

3. Member
    So sorry to hear that and thanks for the update, definitely devastating for the family for sure.

The brother in law of one of the men has posted that they are pretty much convinced the boat sank and the men went in the water.
    Customs Assets were used for search and rescue and they say finding 24 foot boats is what they do and that if the craft was intact in the water they would have found it.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    The brother in law of one of the men has posted that they are pretty much convinced the boat sank and the men went in the water.
    Customs Assets were used for search and rescue and they say finding 24 foot boats is what they do and that if the craft was intact in the water they would have found it.
    sad deal.

Dont know the guys, but I guess it felt like I was watching a show or movie and was a bit invested in it. Heard the CG pan pan with my own ears that mentioned a life raft before I had to go run around for work. Kept thinking about it and was 100% expecting good news when I got home. Sad deal.

You all that go out in the ocean, be safe. take whatever precautions you see fit...but just remember theres people that care about you...and public assets that will be sent out for you. Wishing for a miracle now...but its looking grim i think. Apologies for the false alarm, but I did hear the CG pan pan with my own ears and wanted to let everyone know the good news.

Post from the BIL

Originally Posted by Bullrun
    Tough day today.

The fact that the extremely extensive search efforts have not turned up a boat, capsized or otherwise; has us presuming Brian and Justin ended up in the water. We arrived here after information from the CG last night that this boat is not foam filled and will sink. Of course we don’t know for sure, or how. The likelihood of surviving 6 days in the water start to get pretty low even for these two guys.

Today we we did the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do- tell my niece and nephew and my son and daughter that daddy/uncle Brian wasn’t coming home. I know anything is possible and they could still be found but we didn’t want to leave them with this ambiguity.

As hard as this chapter has been, the next gets even harder. The world my family knew Friday morning doesn’t exist anymore. We will try to pick up the pieces and do the best we can.

7. Banned
    Post from the BIL

Tough day today.

The fact that the extremely extensive search efforts have not turned up a boat, capsized or otherwise; has us presuming Brian and Justin ended up in the water. We arrived here after information from the CG last night that this boat is not foam filled and will sink. Of course we don’t know for sure, or how. The likelihood of surviving 6 days in the water start to get pretty low even for these two guys.

Today we we did the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do- tell my niece and nephew and my son and daughter that daddy/uncle Brian wasn’t coming home. I know anything is possible and they could still be found but we didn’t want to leave them with this ambiguity.

As hard as this chapter has been, the next gets even harder. The world my family knew Friday morning doesn’t exist anymore. We will try to pick up the pieces and do the best we can.

Sad deal. Thats really grim. They posted a boat brochure for his rig and it showed foam...I though that was gonna be the saving grace.

Sucks...you all stay safe out there. I like hassling you all and would much prefer not have a thread like that one over there about you ocean guys over here. Better to stick to talking about the googans and Zeke than see a sad situation like this.

8. Member
    Post from the BIL

Tough day today.

The picture of the family in that THT post is heart breaking.

9. Member
    I hate it
    fresh/salt/bass/striper/offshore/crappie/etc - doesn't matter. There are folks that just love to get on a boat and go. We all share a maritime bond together.

10. Member
    Very sad prayers for the families

I have followed this, read every post.

Two guys enjoying the day fishing——— and things go wrong quickly.

Prayers for the families

12. Member
    There are lots of volunteers out there. My friend Perry and another guy spent 11 hours on the water searching. Perry said they went 90 miles out from the Cape.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    There are lots of volunteers out there. My friend Perry and another guy spent 11 hours on the water searching. Perry said they went 90 miles out from the Cape.
    someone in that thread mentioned a couple large off shore fishing tourneys too, so hopefully something happens. I wish we had accurate info....I really thought there was lots of hope when I heard the boat was foam filled and "wouldnt sink" but I guess that is not certain. Sad for sure and the family pictures really made it sadder. Outdoorsmen just like us.

14. Member
    Nobody has mentioned it yet but there are illegal smugglers off the Florida coast. I still hope they are found safe.

15. Member
    Sending prayers up that hopefully there is news. I believe there is still hope

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123