What can I expect from

I have a Legend 186 with a 200 merc and am running a 3 blade 25 Tempest or 4 blade 25 Trophy depending on what I am wanting to do. With the four blade I am getting 67 GPS at 5800rpm's and 70 with the three blade at 6000. I have a friend that is going to give me a 24 fury. What can I expect?.
    Last edited by Treker47; 08-20-2019 at 11:36 AM.

2. Member
    There is no such thing as a "4 blade Tempest ".

3. Member
    Sorry meant Trophy on the four blade.

4. Member
    Well there is no such thing as a 3 blade Trophy either.

Maybe you better have look at your current 3 blade and 4 blade props and get back to us with the correct names.

5. Member
    changes made.

6. Member
    Not much difference. The 24P Fury3 will run basically the same RPM as the 25P Tempest Plus.

7. Member
    Any increase in speed?

8. Member
    Doubtful.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Well there is no such thing as a 3 blade Trophy either.

Maybe you better have look at your current 3 blade and 4 blade props and get back to us with the correct names.
    despite him having it mixed up 3 blade vs 4 blade we all now what he means when he says tempest and trophy. the "Maybe you better have look at your current 3 blade and 4 blade props and get back to us with the correct names" wasnt a necessary comment IMO.

10. Member
    Did you run both props at the same ptp height? If so you might be able to raise the trophy a little higher and pickup a few rpms.

11. Member
    Both at the same height because I lost water pressure when I raised it to get more RPM,s.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    despite him having it mixed up 3 blade vs 4 blade we all now what he means when he says tempest and trophy. the "Maybe you better have look at your current 3 blade and 4 blade props and get back to us with the correct names" wasnt a necessary comment IMO.
    Kevin I think you meant to say "we all know". You didn't see the OP's post before editing....There was no mention of two different prop models. In a private conversion the OP blames himself by stating that he "was in a hurry and did some sloppy typing".

I understand the times we live in now, where some people always judgmental, and have personal agendas, and hold grudges. So much hate in the world these days, its really sad.

I also understand that some people are also sensitive and get upset easily. It can be difficult to judge intent by words that are quickly typed at times. To those sensitive ones, I apologize if you were offended in anyway.

I have spoken to the OP privately and thankfully he has "NO PROBLEM".

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Treker47 View Post
    Both at the same height because I lost water pressure when I raised it to get more RPM,s.
    Treker you should adjust motor heights because all the props that you mentioned have different diameters. Normally smaller diameter props need to run deeper, than larger diameter props.

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Kevin I think you meant to say "we all know". You didn't see the OP's post before editing....There was no mention of two different prop models. In a private conversion the OP blames himself by stating that he "was in a hurry and did some sloppy typing".

I understand the times we live in now, where some people always judgmental, and have personal agendas, and hold grudges. So much hate in the world these days, its really sad.

I also understand that some people are also sensitive and get upset easily. It can be difficult to judge intent by words that are quickly typed at times. To those sensitive ones, I apologize if you were offended in anyway.

I have spoken to the OP privately and thankfully he has "NO PROBLEM".
    Thank you for fixing my typo... so appreciate you pointing it out. ( shows you are the exact person you speak of) I didnt realize you were chief of typo police here on BBC. I don't think anyone is sensitive here just think people come to the board for advice from people who share the same passion they don't come here to get belittled ( pointing out typos ) and to get an attitude. Your a wealth of knowledge on props and have alot to offer people just try to be a little nicer to the people that are not as knowledgeable as yourself! maybe you can forgive me for my " in a hurry and sloppy typing".
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 08-21-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Thank you for fixing my typo... so appreciate you pointing it out. ( shows you are the exact person you speak of) I didnt realize you were chief of typo police here on BBC. I don't think anyone is sensitive here just think people come to the board for advice from people who share the same passion they don't come here to get belittled ( pointing out typos ) and to get an attitude. Your a wealth of knowledge on props and have alot to offer people just try to be a little nicer to the people that are not as knowledgeable as yourself! maybe you can forgive me for my " in a hurry and sloppy typing".
    Sounds to me like you are trying to be the internet "Police"

Please refrain from being the police... As a Moderator of this page, I'll handle it... I see no problem here, Except for some of your comments... Not only in this thread.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Sounds to me like you are trying to be the internet "Police"

Please refrain from being the police... As a Moderator of this page, I'll handle it... I see no problem here, Except for some of your comments... Not only in this thread.
    LMAO welcome to the GOB club! Talk about holding a grudge Mike.. guess nobody can disagree with your opinions Your right you moderate your page, wasnt trying to be the police of anything, just hate when people belittle others.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 08-21-2019 at 04:39 PM.

LMAO welcome to the GOB club! Talk about holding a grudge Mike.. guess nobody can disagree with your opinions Your right you moderate your page, wasnt trying to be the police of anything, just hate when people belittle others.

I dont hold grudge's... I also dont like what you have been doing here.... Please stop.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post

I dont hold grudge's... I also dont like what you have been doing here.... Please stop.
    you bet bud!

19. Member
    I’ve never seen a forum with a caste system like this one.
    So unnecessary and disheartening.
    You Don't Know what you Don't Know until you Know.

1984 Champion 201/Yamaha 175
    1986 Ranger 390v/Yamaha 200
    2002 Viper Cobra Coosa 216/Mercury 225EFI
    2002 ProSports ProKat 2200/Twin Yamaha 150HPDIs

20. Member
    I think you'll get a better hole shot with the 24-Fury.

On my Ranger the hole shot with the 24-Fury is much better than my 24 Tempest Plus.
    My Tempest has a higher top end, and while bow lift is fine with either, the Tempest seems better at it. I suppose this is due to its slightly larger diameter.

Also, I'm running 3-3/8" prop to pad on the Fury. I think the Tempest might want to be somewhere near the 3.25" range on my boat.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250