Right side of side imaging completely black

I just installed a mega transducer for a Helix 10 mega SI g2n that I have on the bow, I also have the same unit on the console. I also have updated both units to the 1.9 software. I went out yesterday and the side imaging on the bow unit the right side had no picture at all, completely black. I have my units networked so I tried the consol unit using the trolling motor transducer and got the same image. On the bow unit I switched it to the transom transducer and the side imaging worked perfect. I called Humminbird select while on the water and after a lot of questions and trouble shooting they determined the transducer is bad. I have read on here of guys also experiencing issues with bad side imaging pictures that I’m experiencing after doing the latest update but is it possible some of the transducers are bad? Thoughts?

Had the same problem with mine, Left side went out.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

3. Member
    Did you swap the bow and console unit and the problem stayed with the bow transducer?
    I don't mean choosing a different transducer in network sources but actually plugging a different transducer to the unit.
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tweakjr View Post
    Did you swap the bow and console unit and the problem stayed with the bow transducer?
    I don't mean choosing a different transducer in network sources but actually plugging a different transducer to the unit.
    I only switched transducers and units in network. The bow unit worked fine using the transducer on the stern and the consol unit works fine with the stern transducer but both units using the trolling motor transducer had the right side blacked out on side imaging.
    I did not physically plug different transducers into the back of the units. Why would that make a difference? When I had Humminbird support on the line they did not ask me to do that.

5. Member
    Because whatever unit is physically connected to the transducer is the one doing the pinging. Over the network, the plugged in unit simply shares data with the non plugged in unit. Plugged in meaning which unit has the transducer connected.

Move your stern unit to the bow and see how the SI works using the bow transducer.
    Move your bow unit to the stern and see how the SI works using the stern transducer.
    Only then will you confirm it's either a bad unit or transducer.

It's more likely to be the unit instead of the transducer, especially if it began having problems after updating.
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA