Garmin Customer Service

Just wanted to share the outstanding service I received from Garmin today.

I have a echomap plus 93sv that I purchased last November. I also have two other older garmin echomap no-plus units that have been flawless.

Anyways, my plus model would not power up over the weekend. Found out the cradle was the issue and called Garmin this am. Was told 2-3 hour wait so I did the call back option. They called back within an hour, and in less than 5 minutes I had an email from them to complete my order of the cradle.

They even gave me the option for shipping: next day, 2nd day, or ground.

I had a similar experience with a transducer a couple years ago as well and thought maybe I got lucky with the service.

Certainly stinks my unit went down but the way they stand behind there product is outstanding.

Ill be a Garmin user for life!

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I used CS a few times and they were awesome.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Just curious: is the replacement cradle improved? Or it is just a replacement that will fail in another 1 year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    Just curious: is the replacement cradle improved? Or it is just a replacement that will fail in another 1 year or so.
    Are these an issue? I've had my 95SV Chirp for a couple of years and so far no issues with the cradle. My 93sv non-chirp just died though and it's not the cradle :(

5. Member
    I haven’t actually received the new cradle, supposed to be here by end of the week and I can report back.

I do have 73 and 93 non-plus units that are a few years old that have been perfect. not sure if there is a cradle issue just with the plus units?

Needed CS yesterday, a guy by the name of Nate helped me out. Thanks Nate, very helpful.

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Wow, I had the same experience yesterday! My 73cv cradle had blue corrosion on it and just powered off last week. It’s about 11 months old. I have fished in pouring rain so many times and this happened on a bright sunny day.

I opted for the call back and they were back to me within 15-20 min. 2 day’d a new cradle to me with no questions asked. This is why I will always have Garmin products!

I asked if the cradle was “updated” and the guy told me he heard they were making the circuit board more weatherproof but hadn’t heard if they had completed the redesign yet.

Now if I can just find a small enough torx head I will take this cradle apart and see what happened!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Wow, I had the same experience yesterday! My 73cv cradle had blue corrosion on it and just powered off last week. It’s about 11 months old. I have fished in pouring rain so many times and this happened on a bright sunny day.

I opted for the call back and they were back to me within 15-20 min. 2 day’d a new cradle to me with no questions asked. This is why I will always have Garmin products!

I asked if the cradle was “updated” and the guy told me he heard they were making the circuit board more weatherproof but hadn’t heard if they had completed the redesign yet.

Now if I can just find a small enough torx head I will take this cradle apart and see what happened!
    Harbor freight has a kit with tiny bit heads for like 10 bucks.Bought one last week to open up the cradle on my 93sv, very handy little tool kit.

9. Member
    Received my new cradle today, back up and running. Doesn’t appear to be any different design.

i did take my bad cradle apart and there was not an corrosion that I could see. The board did have a clear sealant like silicone over the resistors etc.

im tempted to put some rtv sealant around the new one just to help seal it a little better.