No depth reading on plane

Got a ‘15 Rangerz520c . There is a thru Hull transducer glassed in the hull. I have a Lowrance HDS Live on the console and do not get a depth reading while on plane. Is there a setting that I am missing or something else?
    Thanks in advance
    Wayne Carlson
    2015 Ranger Z520C w/Evinrude 250 HO G2
    2021 GMC Sierra AT4

2. Member
    Make sure you are selecting the correct channel for reading depth. I think it’s channel 1 for the 2D transducer and 3n1 is channel 2.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

3. Member
    Thanks Randy.
    I had the same issue with my Live Unit and I know as a fact I didn't change channels when I took off. Will check it out tomorrow .

4. Member
    I had a similar issue. Most likely you are not looking at the correct transducer and you are trying to view the 3N1 while running which will not work since it is out of the water when running on pad.

I assume you are adding an overlay to your chart screen to see the depth when running at speed? In my case I could not and still am not able to choose the glassed in transducer for the overlay. The option is simply not available by default. What I had to do is build a custom screen with two 2D charts on it. Then choose the 3N1 for one of the charts and the in hull transducer for the other. Now when going back to the chart screen the in hull transducer was available for overlay. I don't understand the reason why but that is what I did. One downside is that every time I turn on the unit, I first have to choose the custom screen with the two 2D images and let them initialize and find bottom. then it works as I said.

I did contact Lowrance about this and went back and forth with them for a while. They are adamant the 2D transducer should be available all the time, but it simply is not. At least for mine it was not.
    2019 ZX225
    Ultrex 112lb i-Pilot Link
    Minkotta 4 bank charger
    Dual Power Pole Pro-II
    Bobs Hydraulic Jack plate

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kuee95 View Post
    I had a similar issue. Most likely you are not looking at the correct transducer and you are trying to view the 3N1 while running which will not work since it is out of the water when running on pad.

I assume you are adding an overlay to your chart screen to see the depth when running at speed? In my case I could not and still am not able to choose the glassed in transducer for the overlay. The option is simply not available by default. What I had to do is build a custom screen with two 2D charts on it. Then choose the 3N1 for one of the charts and the in hull transducer for the other. Now when going back to the chart screen the in hull transducer was available for overlay. I don't understand the reason why but that is what I did. One downside is that every time I turn on the unit, I first have to choose the custom screen with the two 2D images and let them initialize and find bottom. then it works as I said.

I did contact Lowrance about this and went back and forth with them for a while. They are adamant the 2D transducer should be available all the time, but it simply is not. At least for mine it was not.
    Did you select multi source on the sonar page? Main menu>settings>sonar>internal sonar CH1 & internal sonar CH2 need to be turned on if you are running two transducers
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

6. Member
    I will double check. Always bugs me I have to jump through hoops to get it to read when first turning it on.
    2019 ZX225
    Ultrex 112lb i-Pilot Link
    Minkotta 4 bank charger
    Dual Power Pole Pro-II
    Bobs Hydraulic Jack plate

7. Member
    I had the same issue. ended up putting some blue tape on the wire beside the connecter so I knew what port it was supposed to be plugged into. haven't mixed them up since

8. Member
    When i go to Multi Source it wont stay after i leave the page. I go back in and it is on single sourse mode.

9. Member
    Thanks Randy, will check it out tomorrow
    Wayne Carlson
    2021 GMC Sierra AT4

10. Member
    Worked fine yesterday and today. Didn’t have CH1 enabled.
    Wayne Carlson
    2021 GMC Sierra AT4