Rear compartments get wet - often!

If it rains, everything in the rear compartments get wet. If it’s really rough and water comes over back, compartments get wet. It gets old having to completely unload everything when this keeps happening. Any suggestions. FYI 2018 - 921 xp

2. Member
    My rear compartments stay dry. ‘17 921. Do you think it’s mostly from backwash or rain?

3. Member
    May not help what you’re describing, but you also need to seal the area around the top of your livewells. Mine were not sealed well and got lots of water into my rear outer compartment’s. A Hole Shot plate will slow down backwash as well when you’re coming off plane.

4. Member
    Stick your head inside the live wells. If you can see a gap between the live well wall and the top you’ll need to caulk it. Mine had big gaps and it’s where water was getting into the back compartments. I sent Tim at Phoenix some pictures and he sent me a tube of 3M marine caulk. Did the job and no more wet back compartments. I will warn you, when caulking and your head is in there trying to see. Hold your breath!! I got one serious huge whiff and probably killed a few million brain cells. Man was I dizzy!
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

5. Member
    Now that you’ve mentioned it, it could be possible the livewell is partly the issue. I’ll check it out and update later this week. However, I know it’s something else too because I only use the livewell in tournaments. Other than that, the drain plugs are out.

Interesting.. I got poured on the first 6 out of 7 times I took mine out. The only compartments that got wet were the step compartment between the seats and the co-angler rod locker. 2019 20XP

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    Interesting.. I got poured on the first 6 out of 7 times I took mine out. The only compartments that got wet were the step compartment between the seats and the co-angler rod locker. 2019 20XP
    yah. I don't think those are supposed to be water proof. Make sure the drainholes don't get clogged up
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

8. Member
    My back compartments get soaked too. A lot of water comes over the back when fishing. 14’ 721, I’m calling Phoenix tomorrow to ask about gasket material.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schilling1 View Post
    Now that you’ve mentioned it, it could be possible the livewell is partly the issue. I’ll check it out and update later this week. However, I know it’s something else too because I only use the livewell in tournaments. Other than that, the drain plugs are out.
    I keep my drain plugs in when I'm not using the livewells. Keeps water out of there.
    2014 920/SHO