What would make a Fortrex screech/squeal/whine/noisy when deployed?

Thing has been in the stowed position for the better part of 4 years due to other boat work going on. Now it's ridiculously loud when deployed, through the first half of the motion. From the point where the aluminum beam part is vertical to when it's fully deployed it's ok, but from stowed to the vertical point, makes this loud screech squeal sound. Is it the rubber o-ring on the shock, or something else?
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

2. Member
    Before I replaced mine with the Garmin Force, it was the same way. I think it was mainly worn out bushings on the pivot points. I could spray some penetrating fluid and it would quiet down for a while.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

3. Member
    Mine really hasn't seen much use, that I know of. The guy I bought the boat from had it on for about a year, and only 8 months or so after I got the boat we tore it all down to do some restoration work, so it has been unused for the last 3-4 years. I don't know if the previous guy got it used or not, that is possible, but cosmetically it's in good shape and seems to fit with a lightly used TM. I wonder how you get into those bushings to lube them up better?

4. Member
    Remove the side plates and you can see the rear pivot bushings, try a lil silicone spray on them.

5. Member
    Thanks, will do.