Fishing wire through the hull.......

Almost impossible! Because there is only a center lid to access the battery compartment of my '04 Pantera Classic, even if I could fish a pull tape through the maze of wire from the console to the rear I can't reach far enough over to fetch it! Has anyone solved this problem? If so, would you share your secret? I really want to pull power to my sonar directly from the battery rather than splice into existing power under the console.

Thanks......

2. Member
    In home depot they sell a long skinny fiberglass rod that is used for running wires, you can connect them too. They bend works perfect.
    Johnnyboydan
    Triton 185 Merc 150

Do you have the chrome vents in the rear corners? If so pull those and you will have a straight shot up front.

4. Member
    As recommended above use the fiberglass rod, can be found at Home Depot or Lowe's in the electrical section. I used it in my 2009 Sabre, very similar to your Classic. I started in the rod box in front of the drivers console, angled the rod up so it hits the top of the gunnel. This way you are above all other wires. Took the vent off as recommended above to find the rod. from there you will have to reach over from above the batteries to the access from your vent hole, pull the wires back to the access under your console. Took me less than 15 minutes to run a new transducer cable and power wires to the console.

5. Member
    Use the fiberglass rod to pull weed eater line through it and then use that to pull your wires. Works great, get the bright orange line.

6. Member
    Thanks everyone! With your help I got my project finished in less than an hour.