Will say one thing Bass Cat builds a heck of a rig...even the trailers

So at this past OI while parking the trailer my wife had a bit of a mishap. Ramp was dark, crowded and just wasn't paying attention and cut the corner too close and got into another trailer. in witch she trashed one of the fenders on the trailer.
    20190426_171827.jpg
    wasn't a huge deal so now to install some new ones.
    I picked up the fenders at the same time as I did my carpet from the plant and Michael came out carrying them and helped me load them on the trailer.
    then he hands me 2 tubes of urethane. and says here you will need these also, and just kind of laughed and said you will figure it out. so no big deal.
    well this past weekend I thought I would start getting it ready to get the fenders on to complete that project....good lord what a deal.
    the urethane is to glue the steps to large plate steel at the front and back step of the trailer. now mine is a 2003 and you want to talk about tough stuff. I did manage to finally get them off but wow was not expecting it to be such a job.
    20190817_120353.jpg

so now both fenders are all off and I have to still clean all the old urethane off the step areas and while I am at it I am wet sanding the side of the boat and once that is done then the new fenders will go back on. that will be one more big project complete on the old girl.

2. Member
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

3. Member
    Apply a little heat to the metal plates that the fenders are glued to and the fenders will pop right off. I use a small propane torch.
    Rick Collis
    903-473-8820

4. Member
    That looks like too much work for me. Did your insurance not fix it or did you not want to file a claim?

No I didnt file a claim

I replaced one on my 07 Sabre FTD. Easy really. Unbolt it, drive a wedge between the fender and mounting plates. I used a heat gun to apply heat to the top area over the plate while tapping the wedge. All three areas broke loose within a minute or two.
    Rhe old urethane came off fairly easy with an old wood chisel, and a wire brush wheel on a small grinder. Cleaned up the frame area and pads, and touched some areas with paint where the fender had rubbed the frame. Applied the urethane to the plates, then heated the underside of the plates with a heat gun just before installing the new fender. I used wood clamps to hold the fender down while I bolted it to the frame, and then laid about 30 lbs. of weight on the flat steps to hold it down while it set up overnight.
    It’s really not a hard job.
    I can e-mail pics of my install if you’d like.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

I got the old ones off. And have the first one on now going back together. Wasnt aure how long the urethane would take to set up but one day seems about right.
    I used ratchet straps to hold it down to the pads to put pressure on the steps to the urethane.
    Will be glad when it's done that's for sure

Fenders are finally done and all installed.
    unreal how it changes the look with nice shiney new fenders.

also gave the side of the boat a quick wet sand and buff while I had the old fenders off and shes got a all new wax job and ready to hit the lake this weekend.

old fenders.
    20190426_171827.jpg

The new fenders
    20190827_165618.jpg

I think for now im pretty well done with big projects on this old girl the next big things I have in mind are upgrade to an Ultrex and Minn Kota Talons and graphs
    Last edited by Luke; 08-28-2019 at 09:19 AM.

very nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I got the old ones off. And have the first one on now going back together. Wasnt aure how long the urethane would take to set up but one day seems about right.
    I used ratchet straps to hold it down to the pads to put pressure on the steps to the urethane.
    Will be glad when it's done that's for sure

10. BBC SPONSOR
    That turned out great Luke. I sure like that boat, you made one heck of a buy when you got it think.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman25 View Post
    That turned out great Luke. I sure like that boat, you made one heck of a buy when you got it think.
    Yea its coming along slowly. still have quite a few things I want to do it. better lighting in the lockers which I already have, livewell lights, which I already have and then next will be deck lighting as well. still have to get that.
    but then Ultrex, Talons and adding a graph or two possibly. then it will be set up the way I want.

12. Member
    Looks like it's ready for the TOC Luke
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

Quote Originally Posted by milligjg View Post
    Looks like it's ready for the TOC Luke
    im hoping so. now if my hands will hold out for it. that could be my kicker with the TOC.