Thread: Hernando info

Hernando info

stopped @ the 44 baitshop that just opened on the lake yesterday morning. Jordan was telling me that the FWC was going to start charging 10 bucks per launch or 50 bucks for the year to use the " public " launch.Anybody else hear that ? Anyone else fishing it regularly ? Supposedly it's the only launch in Citrus County where they want to do this.

2. Banned
    Confirm it is '44 Tackle' ? Is this a sister store? There have been articles in the Chronicle™ but You just as well put some Double d's on a boar

To wit:

https://www.chronicleonline.com/news...52d817188.html

https://www.citrusbocc.com/commserv/...boat-ramps.htm

Yelling PISS OFF!! still works There is a legal argument pending re:double taxation as the PUBLIC already paid for the launch with their tax dollars, to ask them to pay again, well, there is the rub.

Did You try the Viet Deli yet? Excellent Pho (across from DairyQueen™; took over for the Old German yet still have Elk, Venison, Bison...)

right across the street from Burger station is the bait shop.It's in the old Art of Fishin space. The owner of Stumpknockers and the owner of Red's combined to open Burger Station. Now they opened a small bar and food across the street. I think they open @ 4pm. The bait shop is operated by 44. Open Thursday - Sunday, 7- 3.No on the deli.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZ View Post
    right across the street from Burger station is the bait shop.It's in the old Art of Fishin space. The owner of Stumpknockers and the owner of Red's combined to open Burger Station. Now they opened a small bar and food across the street. I think they open @ 4pm. The bait shop is operated by 44. Open Thursday - Sunday, 7- 3.No on the deli.
    The place is called Bluegills. OK/ fair food. I think they are trying too hard to be something they aren't. Nice outdoor area with picnic tables and a walk up service bar out back on the lake. They have entertainment some evenings. Didn't check out the bait shop.

the bait shop right now is small. They are waiting to see how much business they'll get and what the anglers want.Shiners available,It should grow- hopefully. If you wanted to buy 3 bags of a certain bait you'd probably be disappointed. Hope it works for them. It would be nice to have things available while on the water. 44 has nothing to do with the food part.

6. Member
    So back to that ramp fee.......will this be county wide in which a seasonal permit covers all county ramps or is it location specific?
    Question everything!

I just heard about the Hernando ramp. After reading the post by Lew it's seems they want it county wide. I'm not sure if they want per ramp or for the county.

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Ahh man! I was just checking to see if Henderson is producing or if I’m hitting Tsala-Apopa in the morning!?
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

not to take affect till a meeting in October I believe. Post the results if you make it out. Harvester was busy on the Todd / Dodd line in Hernando.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Ahh man! I was just checking to see if Henderson is producing or if I’m hitting Tsala-Apopa in the morning!?

Intel for Hendo

23Sun:

Rise: 7:02 AM
    Transit: 1:31 PM
    Set: 8:00 PM

Moon:

Rise: 12:24 AM
    Transit: 7:10 AM
    Underfoot: 7:37 PM
    Set: 2:02 PM

Phase of Moon:

Last Quarter
    50% Illuminated

Good Activity:

11:24 PM (p) - 1:24 AM
    1:02 PM - 3:02 PM

Excellent Activity:

5:40 AM - 8:40 AM
    6:07 PM - 9:07 PM

Day Rating:

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Hey Lew, I was up your way Friday but I fished that small chain just south of you off of 41. Beautiful lake but I couldn’t find any decent fish. I caught a few small ones and multiple mudfish (even on a rattletrap!) but I couldn’t find ANY depth in that lake. Today I went to my local little spot and while I didn’t catch many I did get this girl

She put up a helluva fight! First over 10 on a jackhammer too!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

nice

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZ View Post
    nice
    +1

14. Banned
    Nice one.. Floral City Lake? Were You able to get back to the very back lake?

15. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Yes Lew the lake in Floral City, the ramp right off of Orange Ave. I went north and started around the bridge and had no issue running to the north end of the lake where the canals come in. But, the cradle on my Garmin went bad (new one was delivered today) so without my graph I didn’t do a whole lot of searching with the big signs everywhere that say SUBMERGED ROCKS!

I couldn’t find any real depth in the lake. It’s a beautiful lake, lots of cypress trees and above water vegetation but everything underwater was muck! I should have went to Deaton and tried that one! I’ll do that next week if this hurricane stays away.

Im just glad I got lucky Saturday with that pig! Makes it all worth it

16. Banned
    Then You were in the right area. That first "Submerged Rocks" isn't as 'good' as the others. Believe it or not, a Swimjig pulsating through there is pretty good...

17. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Nice toad Chris!!

18. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Thanks Mick! She was a great reward after searching new waters I seem to fish a “new” place then the next day I go to old reliable. I haven’t been back bass fishing for more than...14 months now so all of my lakes and spots from my tournament days are either mud holes or just crap!

I try to fish a new location each week, and I quite often suck! This place has helped tons though.