Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navigation has ended - in rough water

This is with a Solix G1 But from what I’m told this has been an issue even with the legacy units

Every time I run in rough water the navigation is discontinued as soon as I start running

You get the popup "navigation has ended" and basically renders the navigation feature useless in rough water as it shuts off within a minute of beginning my run

I've set the navigation to continuous and that works as long as I'm running in calm water

Is there a fix to keep the navigation from shutting off in rough water?
    "The handicapped angler"

2. Member
    Navigation has ended or navigation cancelled. If cancelled what navigation were you doing? Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Navigation has ended or navigation cancelled. If cancelled what navigation were you doing? Bob
    Could be cancelled its pops up only for a second and hard to focus on while in rough water

I’m trying to run to my next spot

I scroll over to a waypoint select it and choose go to point

I get the navigation line from my current position to that point and start to run

As soon as the ride gets a little rough this happens (Every time)
    "The handicapped angler"

4. Member
    Kind of sounds like a connection getting broken due to vibration or perhaps an intermittent switch bouncing with a hard bounce in waves. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Kind of sounds like a connection getting broken due to vibration or perhaps an intermittent switch bouncing with a hard bounce in waves. Bob
    NOPE!

Direct connection to the battery with inline fuse

everything else works great SONAR has no interruptions, Voltage shows no change and map does not lock up the boat icon continues across the map with no jitters

This is like the pitch and roll has something to do with it

I tried disabling it but it has no effect

Add to this it happens with internal antenna and external antenna
    Last edited by MichAngler; 08-19-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    By navigation I an assuming the bow mount is navigating? Id you do any sort of correction to the steering while navigating it cancels it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Pro View Post
    By navigation I an assuming the bow mount is navigating? Id you do any sort of correction to the steering while navigating it cancels it.
    This is at the console and of course you are making steering changes in rough water but I can make steering changes in calm water with no problems

In calm water I can go around a boat in my path and the navigation works just fine

I have turned off the off course feature and set continuous navigation
    "The handicapped angler"

Do you have a second Solix to put at the console to try?
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

Yes and it does the same thing

I’ve tried different power cords, antennas, map cards

Not to mention I know of others that have the same issue
    "The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    NOPE!

Direct connection to the battery with inline fuse

everything else works great SONAR has no interruptions, Voltage shows no change and map does not lock up the boat icon continues across the map with no jitters

This is like the pitch and roll has something to do with it

I tried disabling it but it has no effect

Add to this it happens with internal antenna and external antenna
    What accessory do you have that has pitch and roll as a function?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

On the solix there is a pitch and roll in the setting

I just make sure it is off
    "The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    On the solix there is a pitch and roll in the setting

I just make sure it is off
    Makes no difference if Auto Configure is off or on if you don't have a device to provide that data.
    Same for Speed Through Water, AIS, Wind Speed, Air Temperature, Barometric Pressure, and Wind Chill and Head Index.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Makes no difference if Auto Configure is off or on if you don't have a device to provide that data.
    Same for Speed Through Water, AIS, Wind Speed, Air Temperature, Barometric Pressure, and Wind Chill and Head Index.
    Well I guess that’s why it has no effect on this issue
    "The handicapped angler"

14. Member
    I am sure you have already checked but an intermittent connection with Ethernet or the switches power connections might cause issues.

No switches involved like I said direct connection to battery

I've tried 2 batteries and 3 different power leads

Does it with or without the Ethernet switch connected

Does it with or without the other unit up on the network

Does it with or without the external GPS antenna

And when this happens no other part of the unit acts up it just has the popup that tells you the navigation is cancelled and the course line disappears
    you would think if it was an interruption in power or bad connection the unit would act up, lock up or at least show some sort of interruption in sonar or map and you wouldn’t expect it to just cancel the navigation like you had hit a button

I’ve always used my Garmin for the navigation from one spot to another but had just started trying to learn this systems navigation and had an issue with this even in calm water so Wayne suggested I set navigation to Continuous Navigation and it worked but but I only had used it for a couple times on calm water when I talked to another BBC member at a tournament he said he has this issue and I suggested the Continuous Navigation and he got back to me saying it doesn’t help in rough water

So I tried it and got the same results

I like trying to figure out problems so I started testing

I've seen enough interrogations on here to know I better be ready to answer a ton of questions
    Last edited by MichAngler; 08-19-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    "The handicapped angler"

16. Member
    I have one more question. Where are all the guys that are having these problems. There must be something in common with all of you. It may just be there are not too many people doing navigation from spot to spot. I do it but with ipilot link or I just drive to the spot using the chart view. No formal navigation most of the time. Good Luck with your problem. Bob

I have the same issue. Swapped my 2 units around and no difference. Had it happen on the 1199’s on my prior boat as well. I’m just not sure these units are built for st clair.

It happened on the 1199’s before I had my ultrex and added the Ethernet switch, so I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with the switch. My power is good, etc. etc. I’ve caught mine dropping out on video and sent it to HB - on both my solix and the 1199. They have no clue.

I’m quite sure most HB users aren’t making 15 mile runs in 2 foot chop with the occasional rogue 3+ footer from a huge tanker thrown in. As an alternative, create a route and follow the line.

Last edited by Hollada; 08-19-2019 at 09:11 PM.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

18. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    I have the same issue. Swapped my 2 units around and no difference. Had it happen on the 1199’s on my prior boat as well. I’m just not sure these units are built for st clair.

It happened on the 1199’s before I had my ultrex and added the switch, so I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with the switch. My power is good, etc. etc. I’ve caught mine dropping out on video and sent it to HB - on both my solix and the 1199. They have no clue.

I’m quite sure most HB users aren’t making 15 mile runs in 2 foot chop with the occasional rogue 3+ footer from a huge tanker thrown in. As an alternative, create a route and follow the line.
    Not to be a dick, or poop on HB's, but I found them convoluted and way to unpredictable.

Buy another brand.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post

It happened on the 1199’s before I had my ultrex and added the Ethernet switch, so I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with the switch. My power is good, etc. etc. I’ve caught mine dropping out on video and sent it to HB - on both my solix and the 1199. They have no clue.

Maybe you guy's need a bigger boat! Wow! I would be staying home. Maybe a Grady White?

That’s a normal day. I don’t go out when it’s too rough.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast