Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    I have the same issue. Swapped my 2 units around and no difference. Had it happen on the 1199’s on my prior boat as well. I’m just not sure these units are built for st clair.

It happened on the 1199’s before I had my ultrex and added the Ethernet switch, so I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with the switch. My power is good, etc. etc. I’ve caught mine dropping out on video and sent it to HB - on both my solix and the 1199. They have no clue.

I’m quite sure most HB users aren’t making 15 mile runs in 2 foot chop with the occasional rogue 3+ footer from a huge tanker thrown in. As an alternative, create a route and follow the line.

There it is in a nutshell!

Exactly what I have been seeing with mine

And yes that is a normal day on Lake St Clair and 15 miles is normal as well I did several runs today that were more than 8 miles each

If I had to guess the buttons are too sensitive and a good jolt from the ride causes one or more to make contact and this cancels the navigation

It’s a shame because it basically renders the Huminbird navigation useless thus the reason I run a Garmin just for navigation
    "The handicapped angler"

Try creating a route to your spot. That works and is an OK work around.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

3. Member
    I have an ultrex and had that problem.

I finally found that I had something that had gotten stuck into the side of the foot switch that made it hard to travel to the end of the peddle travel and that would end navigation due to the head of the unit / peddle binding up.

I pulled out the cardboard back from the lure that got stuck in there and the problem went away.
    I didn’t realize a binding peddle would do that - I left a bag on the peddle once or twice and it did the same thing - so make sure your ultrex pedddle is completely free or it can happen.
    2017 Lund alaskan 1800 Side Console 90hp, Lvl 2. Merc mon
    Ultrex iPilot Link, Console Solix Mega 12SI, Bow Helix 12 SI/DI GPS bow, and humminbird 360 / SI on bow..

Not ultrex related. Unless your running on plane with your ultrex deployed - which would be a short run not requiring the birds navigation aids.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    sent it to HB They have no clue.

Seems to be a recurring theme
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Seems to be a recurring theme
    You mentioned using Garmin for navigation. Is that with an external GPS receiver? If so, where is the mounting location in relation to the AS GPS HS receiver.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    You mentioned using Garmin for navigation. Is that with an external GPS receiver? If so, where is the mounting location in relation to the AS GPS HS receiver.
    Yes external antenna in front of the console and the AS GPS HS is behind the driver’s seat

At least 4 feet apart

Not to mention I only use the Garmin when I know I’m doing real long runs or fishing a tournament when I don’t have the time to meander around the lake

Plus all the testing I did was without the Garmin hooked up
    "The handicapped angler"

8. Member
    Thanks.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12