Thread: Injuries....

Injuries....

We, after playing golf for almost 40 years, the injuries are starting to take a toll. Between golfer's elbow and wrist issues, I think its getting about the time to ditch the steel shafts and go to graphite in my irons.

So who all has made the switch?

2. Member
    I made the switch.

I tried a couple of the stock graphite shaft offerings at the pro shop but didn't like the yardage variations from them, got custom fitted for UST recoil 95 shafts, very tight distances on them, I really like everything about them except the price, but I plan on keeping these many years.

I made the switch 2 seasons ago due to elbow problems and won't go back to steel. Currently I have Recoils F3 95 in the current set.
    In my other set I have Aldila NV-3's and have an extra set of NV-3 laying around. The Aldila's I got extremely cheap from Monark Golf 2 years ago so I bought 2 sets of taper tipped shafts as all my clubs a taper tipped.

Don't be fooled by graphite shafts thinking they are for old people or slow swing speeds. I picked up distance and accuracy.

Look for a used set of Recoils or Steelfibers because at regular price those damn things are expensive like Doug said.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I had my Callaway rep send me an 8 iron a couple of years ago with the Steelfiber 110 X in it to test and I didn't like the feel at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    I had my Callaway rep send me an 8 iron a couple of years ago with the Steelfiber 110 X in it to test and I didn't like the feel at all.
    I didn't care for Steelfibers either. These were i95 stiffs I got used off WRX so I didn't break the bank.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    I made the switch 2 seasons ago due to elbow problems and won't go back to steel. Currently I have Recoils F3 95 in the current set.
    In my other set I have Aldila NV-3's and have an extra set of NV-3 laying around. The Aldila's I got extremely cheap from Monark Golf 2 years ago so I bought 2 sets of taper tipped shafts as all my clubs a taper tipped.

Don't be fooled by graphite shafts thinking they are for old people or slow swing speeds. I picked up distance and accuracy.

Look for a used set of Recoils or Steelfibers because at regular price those damn things are expensive like Doug said.
    Did your elbow problem go completely away?
    i am having hand issues. One knuckle is getting funky and tingling in all fingers. Had some midsize grips put on last week, and that hurt my game and my hands-so now to smaller tapered grips this weekend. I hope they help.
    Graphite shafts will be next for me.
    maybe I should make the move before I play a lot of golf?

The elbow issue, you might get a flexbar from Amazon. Really helped me, and also a buddy of mine.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere