An overview/ review (?) of my Polar Kraft 1754SE

So far, I am pretty happy with this boat.
    I am not a video guy, but - with so little info out there on these boats, figured I would make a vid.

2. Banned
    nice video!
    where did you get that double cup holder/tool holder for the tracking system!? I want one!

I made it.
    If you want something pretty stylish and maybe out of aluminum or something more lasting than the HDPE I used - contact BonaFide Boats in Fort Wayne.
    He can make about anything and does good work. I may have him make me something more permanent in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/BonaFideCustomBoats/

4. Member
    Nice aluminum rig. That interior looks like the same material Ranger calls "Rawhide". I've had that kind of interior for three years...if you're looking for low maintenance you're going to love it!

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Nice aluminum rig. That interior looks like the same material Ranger calls "Rawhide". I've had that kind of interior for three years...if you're looking for low maintenance you're going to love it!
    Polar Kraft calls it Tundra Coating - --but yeah, all the same stuff.

Where did you buy that cool little rig? Do they stock many mid vee variants?

Im thinking about an outfitter or maybe a sportsman but would like to look at some. Some that I see photos of on the net have a stepped front deck and that's a deal breaker for me.

TIA, and enjoy the new rig!

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    Where did you buy that cool little rig? Do they stock many mid vee variants?

Im thinking about an outfitter or maybe a sportsman but would like to look at some. Some that I see photos of on the net have a stepped front deck and that's a deal breaker for me.

TIA, and enjoy the new rig!
    I got it from Knot Marine in Union KY
    I ordered it though, they did not have one on the lot. You can call Robbie at Knot and see if he can research who may have one.
    You may call Tall Timbers Marine on Lake Freeman, I think they had an Outfitter on their lot when I was looking.
    They are a hard boat to go look at somewhere - the deep v's you can see, the Bass boats you can see - these models are hard to find here locally.

Thanks for that!

I just checked thier website and they have a Polarkraft and an Alumacraft that are on my radar. The good thing is they are about a half hour closer than Tall Timbers. Plus when I shopped TT a couple years ago in the beginning of this search they pretty much wanted list price for an ordered boat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    Thanks for that!

I just checked thier website and they have a Polarkraft and an Alumacraft that are on my radar. The good thing is they are about a half hour closer than Tall Timbers. Plus when I shopped TT a couple years ago in the beginning of this search they pretty much wanted list price for an ordered boat.
    I only suggested TT because I was pretty sure they one on the lot a few months ago. They never called or emailed me back when i inquired - and I inquired more than once.
    Knot Marine on the other hand - Called me early the next day. They were good to work with. Robbie is (both Robbies are) good people.

I think I know what alumacraft you are talking about. There were a few delays in getting my boat and we had a vaca coming. Robbie offered to sell the the aluma for a good price (thought it was not what I was looking for) and then I am pretty sure that was the boat he was going to prep for us to borrow on vaca if ours didnt make it on time.

10. Member
    Can you post some pictures of the cup/ tool holders from different angles? What material did you make them out of?

Great review!

I will take pictures later today.
    They are made out of HDPE - which I am not sure I would do again. I only used it because I had it here, left over from something else (and I thought it would be flexible enough to not have to worry about it cracking etc like the last holders I made out of lexan). HDPE really should be either sonic welded or plastic welded (neither of which I have).
    It SUCKS to glue. It is the one plastic that most plastic adhesives wont glue.

I guess I shouldn't say that - it glues fine - that is IF you can find the glue to glue it.

We will see if they last or not. I just made them because we needed something now (and I am cheap. $50 for a cup holder seemed steep to me), I had the HDPE laying around, it seemed like an interesting job to add to my CAD learning, and I hadn't had cause to cut plastic on my CNC yet so I thought --well here is an excuse. They may last 6 weeks - maybe 6 years - I do not know. I have never worked with HDPE for something like this before.

Quote Originally Posted by nat103 View Post
    Can you post some pictures of the cup/ tool holders from different angles? What material did you make them out of?

Great review!
    Link to gallery (if it works)
    https://imgur.com/gallery/OAiXczC

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by delee36 View Post
    Link to gallery (if it works)
    https://imgur.com/gallery/OAiXczC
    nice!

14. Member
    Nice looking boat.