Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff_3272 View Post
    Triton chine walk was pretty "bad" in the past, might be different currently. Just be prepared, get the feel of it. It'll be one bad a@# rig.

Seems from what i read the newer hulls are much better. Neighbor has a mid 2000s tr196 and he said it has some chinewalk but he said you just get used to what it wants. I know its gonna take some getting used too but im pretty excited about it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    I agree with you. Those V8's sound awesome!! If/when I get into the V8's, I will def be going back to Merc. If not for anything else, to listen to it start up.

Yes they do! Seen a few in person at clearlake now and oh man they sound good and all the owners say they love it. When they came out they definitely caught my attention. Ive always been an opti guy but they upped it to a new level IMO. The looks of the pro xs graphics are just sharp too. Amazing how the same cowl on the 4 stroke is so plain and kindof ugly to me but the pro xs graphics look edgy and aggressive lol.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Roy, my 186 with the 150 jp to 2.5 didn’t walk. But when new and no jp she only walked near wot. 60gps. But it was every manageable. Not any two walk the same or to same speeds. It’s all in the weight distribution.

You’ll love it

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

4. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Yes they do! Seen a few in person at clearlake now and oh man they sound good and all the owners say they love it. When they came out they definitely caught my attention. Ive always been an opti guy but they upped it to a new level IMO. The looks of the pro xs graphics are just sharp too. Amazing how the same cowl on the 4 stroke is so plain and kindof ugly to me but the pro xs graphics look edgy and aggressive lol.
    Local FLW Pro here in western PA runs the 250 PXS on his Phoenix and he loves it. Said it is stronger and faster than the Opti he ran last year, but uses noticeably more fuel...

But, then again, fuel for us jabroanies in a non issue anyway.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    I’d have to drive it to believe it. I’ve had a Sabre FTD with both a 150 & 175 ProXS on the tail and couldn’t run 72 ready to fish. I could tickle 70 with the 175 after lots of setup and running different props. There was another member here back then with a standard Sabre, single console, 150 ETEC that spent lots and lots of time tweaking like I did. He managed 70 in a river..like once. We met at a Cat Owners Tournament and had a blast comparing notes. I offered to line em up but he wouldn’t do it. I could run 68 with a full tournament load. That’s with the 175 ProXS.

The Margay is shorter, but wider. I don’t see it running faster than a standard Sabre.

Running 70 GPS with a 150 would take a great hull and driver. I think it WAY was easier to run my Cougar over 70 than my Sabre 68. The Sabre, like the old Triton TR’s take input at their limit.

6. Member
    That was a good winter time run Grizzly.

Stick a passenger in there, or let it rain on Cat's 24 ounce carpet and let him try it again.

I guess I could say a RT188 without a jack plate and tabs in place is a 50.X MPH boat with a full tournament load (both seats in place, gas, full load of tackle etc..) because I've done it a couple of times in the winter. That is not realistic for day in and day out speeds.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    150 ProXS, 25 Trophy Plus, 72mph GPS (light), 24 Fury @ 68mph (heavy)

No way, no how a 150 is doing 72mph, especially read on GPS...

You Sir, are an enhancer of the truth.
    O no. How will ever be able to sleep at night now. Let me send my Lowrance in to be checked because obviously it is broken because you don't believe me.

Give me a break.

She was only 2mph shy of my Comanche. Now with the bigger trolling motor, extra battery, power poles and pumps, she will only hit 68. It's fast because of the Tracker hull.
    2009 Tracker PT190
    80lb Xi5
    Dual Power Poles
    6inch Plate
    HDS
    Stainless ComancheSteering wheel
    Stainless pop-up tiedowns
    Comanche Passenger rodholder
    Boat Buckle Rod Straps
    JBL Stereo with JBL10" Marine Sub.
    150 ProXS, 25 Trophy Plus, 72mph GPS (light), 24 Fury @68mph (heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by turbocoupe View Post
    O no. How will ever be able to sleep at night now. Let me send my Lowrance in to be checked because obviously it is broken because you don't believe me.

Give me a break.

She was only 2mph shy of my Comanche. Now with the bigger trolling motor, extra battery, power poles and pumps, she will only hit 68. It's fast because of the Tracker hull.

I would definitely get that graph checked out. It is misleading you. There is no way those #'s are real in a mod v with the 150. Sorry just not happening. There isn't a tin boat on the market right w/ a 150 that that'll run into the upper 60's let alone touch 70+. But hey its your story and you are sticking to it. Social media is great thing.......it allows things to be something they are not.

9. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tghtlines View Post
    I would definitely get that graph checked out. It is misleading you. There is no way those #'s are real in a mod v with the 150. Sorry just not happening. There isn't a tin boat on the market right w/ a 150 that that'll run into the upper 60's let alone touch 70+. But hey its your story and you are sticking to it. Social media is great thing.......it allows things to be something they are not.
    Just like a smart man once said: "I fish, therefore I lie..."

Oh, wait a minute, I think I just saw a Chupacabra in the back yard, gotta go get the .o6, the same one I used to shoot my 30 point buck last year...

Oy Vey...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    Just like a smart man once said: "I fish, therefore I lie..."

Oh, wait a minute, I think I just saw a Chupacabra in the back yard, gotta go get the .o6, the same one I used to shoot my 30 point buck last year...

Oy Vey...

King_Fish bet that 30 point buck is mounted right next to the 18lb smallmouth you caught last year in Florida.

Sorry turbocoupe, while the listed speeds look good in the signature block, that is about as real they will get. Only time that is gonna happen is when you are towing it to the lake.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

11. Member
    Roy no chine in my 2015 Triton 18XS which is the exact same boat as the 18TRX just a lower badge for 150. Boat is rock solid, I get 60-62 solo in a 150, so that 200 is gonna zip. Not sure about the chine walk, never had it get crazy on me.

12. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Sorry turbocoupe, while the listed speeds look good in the signature block, that is about as real they will get. Only time that is gonna happen is when you are towing it to the lake.
    Hey turbocoupe - we're just having fun with ya, that's all...

don't go get'n mad or noth'n…
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tghtlines View Post
    Must be on kilometers.

14. Member
    If your hull chine walks, your first issue is your motor is to deep in the water,
    next is over trimming. You should feel wheel torque,at that point
    bump it down a click or two. and last is load balance. If you have
    eliminated problem one and two, and it still wants to walk, when you
    are running solo, the hull isnt balanced. Add weight to the passenger side.
    When I ran my Bullet solo I carried 50lbs of ballast under the passenger seat.
    If it chines w/a passenger go back to issue 1&2., and in some cases you can drive out
    of it by making slight left turn correction on the wheel. This you have to develop a feel for.
    LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Roy no chine in my 2015 Triton 18XS which is the exact same boat as the 18TRX just a lower badge for 150. Boat is rock solid, I get 60-62 solo in a 150, so that 200 is gonna zip. Not sure about the chine walk, never had it get crazy on me.
    Good to hear. Seems like the newer hulls dont have the issues some of the older ones did. Im thinking the 200 on there is gonna run pretty good ;)
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

That was a good winter time run Grizzly.

Stick a passenger in there, or let it rain on Cat's 24 ounce carpet and let him try it again.

I guess I could say a RT188 without a jack plate and tabs in place is a 50.X MPH boat with a full tournament load (both seats in place, gas, full load of tackle etc..) because I've done it a couple of times in the winter. That is not realistic for day in and day out speeds.
    When most people post top speeds achieved they are not setup for day in and dayout speeds its to get the most that their setup can achieve just to know that if can. Doesnt make it true or untrue whether the boat is loaded or not. You either believe it or dont. Some folks wanna know what their boat can reach maxed out and some dont. Neither is more right then the other.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    When most people post top speeds achieved they are not setup for day in and dayout speeds its to get the most that their setup can achieve just to know that if can. Doesnt make it true or untrue whether the boat is loaded or not. You either believe it or dont. Some folks wanna know what their boat can reach maxed out and some dont. Neither is more right then the other.
    Yup, let them show their inexperience and ignorance. Could care less. Need to send my Trophy to Mark and have it fixed though. Tried it out on my Ranger and messed it up good hitting some rocks. The Ranger did not like that prop. kept blowing out. Hub was too small. Been meaning to get a good video of a high speed run. Have not cared to put much effort into it especially with not being out on the water much at all the last couple years.

I'd really like to hear one of those V8's run. Bet it sounds sweet.
    2009 Tracker PT190
    80lb Xi5
    Dual Power Poles
    6inch Plate
    HDS
    Boat Buckle Rod Straps

18. Member
    Inexperienced?

A whole bunch of us came out of fast boats, we used to spend thousands chasing a mph or two. I’ve packaged props and sent them in for a 1/4 pitch trying to eek out every drop. My second boat was a 1977 17’er with a 1977 175 Rude. V-6’s were all the rage back then. We used to drill the exhaust ports at the water line for the “sound”.

The new V8 Merc does sound good when you crank it. Being honest you really don’t hear the big 4 stroke much when you’re running. Off shore guys have ran Yamaha V8 4 strokes for a while. I was in a boat with three of them sitting at idle. The only way you could tell they were running is looking at the tach or the pee stream. They are darn near silent. Merc made their new V8 with a little growl to appease the go fast crowd. Reminds me of the old Merc Bridgeport days.

There are days I miss playing with the “speed”, but to be honest it’s really peaceful gliding along in my tin taking in the scenery vs looking out for trash that may bow hook the boat. I guess it’s different seasons of life? It’s for sure not inexperience or ignorance.

19. Member
    Inexperienced?

A whole bunch of us came out of fast boats, we used to spend thousands chasing a mph or two. I’ve packaged props and sent them in for a 1/4 pitch trying to eek out every drop. My second boat was a 1977 17’er with a 1977 175 Rude. V-6’s were all the rage back then. We used to drill the exhaust ports at the water line for the “sound”.

The new V8 Merc does sound good when you crank it. Being honest you really don’t hear the big 4 stroke much when you’re running. Off shore guys have ran Yamaha V8 4 strokes for a while. I was in a boat with three of them sitting at idle. The only way you could tell they were running is looking at the tach or the pee stream. They are darn near silent. Merc made their new V8 with a little growl to appease the go fast crowd. Reminds me of the old Merc Bridgeport days.

There are days I miss playing with the “speed”, but to be honest it’s really peaceful gliding along in my tin taking in the scenery vs looking out for trash that may bow hook the boat. I guess it’s different seasons of life? It’s for sure not inexperience or ignorance.
    There was a time that I couldnt run fast enough, and just loved a motor w/cut exhaust. But not anymore.
    I'm now in the slow lane, and want a motor thats quiet. It comes w/age. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

20. Member
    Well if you have never driven a narrow Tracker mod v with over 150hp on a plate with a prop with a lot of lift then you are in fact inexperienced. Enough power on a light narrow mod v and it was almost scary the first time I opened it up. I've never driven a boat that could get so high out the water. Felt as if the only thing making contact was the motor. But also very stable and could cut a corner like a jet ski. Took a few runs to get used to the "lift kit" but when I figured out how well it handled the speed I never gave it a second thought. Been beating the hell out of it for years like that and its a blast.
    2009 Tracker PT190
    80lb Xi5
    Dual Power Poles
    6inch Plate
    HDS
    Boat Buckle Rod Straps

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123