Anyone from Slidell area still on here?

If so, looks like I might be going to Slidell on a fairly regular basis. Does anyone know of any pawn shops or flea markets that might have fishing tackle, especially lures but would look at all kinds of tackle.

Also, although I don't think I will need this info this trip down, what are your favorite restaurants in the area? Any "must see" things to see and do in town? Any help will be appreciated!

Eddie

2. Member
    I used to live in Slidell.. I’m 20 minutes away now..

Southside cafe is awesome!!

plenty of great fishing around Slidell close..

3. Member
    Gus’s tackle on old Spanish trail has everything you need to fish around the area, also academy is right down the road, 2nd on the south side cafe, I eat there every chance I get

4. Member
    Thanks, Men. I just talked to my friend from there and Southside is one of her favorite places as well, so hopefully I can find out for myself before long.

Should be able to check out Gus' this time around as well. I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

5. Member
    If you need or want fishing help in the area give me a shout... I moved from Slidell but I’m in Venetian Isles and only about 20 minutes away...I know the area pretty well...I fish almost every day around my house (my boat stays in the water). But I’d love to come back and look around Slidell area..

6. Member
    Thanks a million, Mike! To be completely honest, I'm seeing a lady from there right now. Not sure where it is going to end up, but if it turns out that I end up down that way I would love to get a look at some of the water around the area. Thanks again, my Friend! Eddie

7. Member
    No problem... good luck..