Power issue 2019 TRX20

Fished a tournament last night and on blast off power went off like the main power button was pushed, then happened twice more during the night while fishing. When power turns off you can go to main power button and it will come back on immediately. Initially thought it may be the toggle breaker below the dry box in the battery compartment but don’t know if it’s possible for this breaker to lose power intermittently and not remain off if tripped. I know some of these were faulty and had to be replaced. Just curious if anyone has experienced this that can point me to a shortcut as these are hard issues to diagnose.

2. Member
    About all you can do is check that all connections in the rigging compartment, especially at the batteries, are good and tight. It's a new boat. IMO, your best option will be to get it to your dealer and let them get it fixed.

3. Member
    Check the ground wire connected to the grounding buss. On my 2017 21TRX, the grounding buss is located in the rear battery compartment on the starboard side. I had a similar issue happen once, it was a loose ground. I tightened the nut on the post lug and have never had the issue again. Good luck, chasing wiring issues is a pain PITA.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foolinbass View Post
    Fished a tournament last night and on blast off power went off like the main power button was pushed, then happened twice more during the night while fishing. When power turns off you can go to main power button and it will come back on immediately. Initially thought it may be the toggle breaker below the dry box in the battery compartment but don’t know if it’s possible for this breaker to lose power intermittently and not remain off if tripped. I know some of these were faulty and had to be replaced. Just curious if anyone has experienced this that can point me to a shortcut as these are hard issues to diagnose.
    I just had a similar issue 2 days ago, New 20 TRX, Power on, running down the lake, hit a small wave and the graphs shut off, i looked over and the power was still on and everything was running fine. I just hit the power button on both units (dual screens, HB and Lowrance) and they came back on so I know the toggle breaker was still on. Both screens are connected to the same bus under the console so i would think it would have to be there or the lead wires going to that bus. I will track it myself.....
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke

5. Member
    ****UPDATE**** Hey guys, just an update, the problem was my main breaker. The on/off switch was weak and the day box that sits above it was moving it enough when it shifted to power everything down but not flip the switch completely. Replaced with a different type of breaker and problem solved.....thank you for the input.

6. Member
    Still haven't had a chance to check mine but i will let you know after this weekend.
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro88 View Post
    Still haven't had a chance to check mine but i will let you know after this weekend.

Mine is currently in the shop for the same exact problem!!
    2021 Ranger Aluminum VX1888DC
    2021 200 HP Mercury Pro XS Four Stroke
    Serial Number: