helix 9 overlay data on sccreen

Hi, have a new helix 9 g3n meda di+ on the left side of the screen it has water temp, time, speed, and direction in degrees. Is there anyway I could change the font size and/or delete things like the speed and direction? Just trying to make my screen less cluttered. thanks

You have three choices for digital readouts.
    Boxes is the left side with selectable readouts for each box. Each box can be Off.
    Overlay is four readouts that are not customizable. Temp and direction change between sonar and chart views.
    Off, no readouts.

Size and color is not adjustable.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Just discovered this "feature" that I can neither edit digital overlay (only boxes mode - which I never use), nor customize it per view. Per the manual this should be doable, but the manual has evidently not been changed in years, as many menu items no longer apply to my new G3, or are called something else. Disappointing, but not a deal breaker.

4. Member
    I have a Helix 12 and 9. I can't get the time to display in the overlay mode even though it will display in the boxes mode.

Quote Originally Posted by prbailey View Post
    I have a Helix 12 and 9. I can't get the time to display in the overlay mode even though it will display in the boxes mode.
    If you install the current software, the time will be included in the overlay readouts.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL