2015 Boatmate trailer rear guide on repair

My trailer was hit in the parking lot last fall and the fender was wrinkled. Got the fender repaired through insurance. I think the guide on got hit at the same time but neither I or the repair shop noticed it. It is cracked all the way around the bottom of the front guide on and is detached. Would it be possible to repair this with boat on the trailer by welding the support back in place? The guide on could be detached from the carpeted bunk easily to clean up the base of the guide on and and the hole in the tube frame could be cleaned up with the bunk out of the way. Also the lighting wires are inside the tube and could complicate matters. I know nothing about welding and what is or isn't possible. Guidance would be appreciated.

IMG_0611.JPG
    View of guide ons from rear. Front one is the cracked one.
    IMG_0616.JPG
    View of base showing crack around perimeter of guide on

IMG_0620.JPG
    View of guide on detached from tube frame.
    2015 Bullet 21XRS, 2021 250 Pro XS 4s - 3B014359

Wouldn’t see why not. Looks like there is enough room to me. If I was doing it prep it well and after I was done use some good paint to seal it.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

3. Member
    You should be able to have that fixed, I have a 2016 and having a problem with the trailer locking up while I back up, I was amazed the amount of rust there was already

4. Member
    A small welding shop a couple of miles from my house says they can fix it. Supposed to call them Monday and see if they can work me in. My question is the trailer lights wiring is inside the tube near where the welding repair will be made, is there any danger of melting/damaging the wiring? Any way to shield the wiring by placing something through the broken opening to insulate it?

5. Member
    Make sure to tell the welder to take care of that, he or she should know

Tell the welder to keep it cool. He can use a water soaked rag and pause a few times to cool it. Wont be a problem unless he doesnt know the wires are there

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

7. Member
    Got it done today. No problem with the wires. He used a MIG setup. The other side was cracked also so he fixed it too. $35 was a reasonable charge. Stronger than the original I would say. I need to paint the repaired areas asap and it will look great.

I would say $35 was cheap...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

9. Member
    That's really cheap!