Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Boat Battery

What brand batteries do you like the best? I’m not looking for $200-300 a piece batteries. I used to love the interstate brand batteries. Just seeing what’s out there now.

thanks

I have always had good luck with Deka's
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

3. Member
    Duracell at Sam’s club

4. Member
    Thanks guys

5. Member
    Wally World has Neverstarts for about $100, at least that's what I paid in 2013 and they are still going strong and I never added a drop of water yet. I use the Sam's Duracell AGM 31 for my main, close but not over $200, reliable and strong.

6. Member
    Odyssey. I have never gotten more than 1.5 years out of an interstate.

7. Member
    I got 6 years out of my interstate always had good luck with them.

NAPA

The "best" batteries are fresh ones. The "bad" batteries are the ones sitting on a shelf discharged for a year. Find a local source to you that you can confirm you can get batteries no more than a few months from manufacture date. Brand is secondary in importance. Any brand will ruin if neglected on a shelf or in your garage long enough.

10. Member
    Depending on what all your going to run off a battery will help determine how big of one your going to need, may not need to spend that much for every battery.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    The "best" batteries are fresh ones. The "bad" batteries are the ones sitting on a shelf discharged for a year. Find a local source to you that you can confirm you can get batteries no more than a few months from manufacture date. Brand is secondary in importance. Any brand will ruin if neglected on a shelf or in your garage long enough.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This. Make sure you know how to interpret a date sticker on the battery. No older than three months is my guide. Also helps to take a voltmeter with if you can.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

12. Member
    NAPA

13. Member
    Duracell badged DEKA's, Battery + or Samsclub

TM batteries should all have the same manufacture date. Date should be within 3 months of purchase. Sams and Battery+ I have purchased from all had what I needed manufactured within 2 months of purchase.

Dont buy old batteries.

Other option is Lithium. IONICS have an app that provides charge state. There is a big thread in the Wiring area.

Ran TRP in my Semi for years !! Long life, no maintenance !! ALSO ran in my Motorhome and in the BOAT !! A bit on the heavy side, but price is $90-100 exchange each ! Try your local Kenworth or Peterbilt dealer !

TRP batteries made for extreme conditions
    Share Tweet Print Email
    Fleet Equipment Staff,

VIEW BIO

TRP said its comprehensive line of batteries are extensively tested for performance in extreme weather conditions.

TRP starting batteries offer up to 1,150 cold cranking amps (CCA) for harsh winter conditions; for hot weather, they can go as low as 650 CCAs.

TRP dual-purpose batteries have heavier, thicker plates so the batteries discharge and recharge frequently. Active material is locked into plate surfaces with fiberglass strands, preventing shorts between the plates, the company said, adding that truckers with sleepers can run more battery-powered utilities for longer.

The company’s AGM batteries feature a greater repetitive reserve capacity, allowing the battery to be completely drained and fully recharged more often, the maker said. The separator material between the lead plates absorbs free acid. Better packing protects the plates from damaging vibration, and cycles more often, TPR added.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Loweman11 View Post
    Duracell at Sam’s club

16. Member
    NAPA commercial is a beast and is $172 with 10% off right now

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBE7234
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

17. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Loweman11 View Post
    Duracell at Sam’s club

18. Member
    Depend on the motor . Some motor's you can run wet cell and other the Agm battiers .

19. Member
    Thanks so much. I love this site. Love hearing from guys with more experience in the matters than myself.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    NAPA commercial is a beast and is $172 with 10% off right now

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBE7234
    This is almost the identical one I have. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBP7...wordInput=7235
    Only differences are mine has 65 more CCA and has a regular vehicle type terminal. I probably would have sacrificed 65 cranking amps to have threaded studs, however, my terminal converters have worked just fine.
    These batteries are made by East Penn/Deka. My local NAPA gives 20% discount if you are an AAA member.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast