Unhappy Did I just brick my 93SV?!

Hey guys, quick question for you... My TM mounted 93SV was on and running and I accidentally removed it from the quick connect base before shutting it down. I snapped back in place about 5 minutes later and it refuses to turn back on now. Sometimes I can see some very faint lines on the dark screen but it doesn't turn on at all. I tried holding down power and home at the same time and nothing. Is there some other way to give it a hard reset or something? Can't be disconnecting it from power is enough to permanently brick it right? RIGHT?!

2. Member
    Do you have another cradle you can try?
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

3. Member
    Are you sure you have it seated in the cradle properly?

Definitely not the cradle... this is the older model that sits in the cradle that has the separate cables that sort of punch through the backing. So I bypassed the cradle and plugged the power directly to the unit and still doesn't power on.

5. Member
    How about your power and ground? Are you sure they are good? No blown fuses or loose connections?

Quote Originally Posted by SamMule View Post
    How about your power and ground? Are you sure they are good? No blown fuses or loose connections?
    I brought the unit home and connected it to the battery and extra power cables I have at home for when I update my units, work on maps etc and still doesn't power on. Looks like I'll be calling Garmin arg!

That will learn ya! Garmin will get you going!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    That will learn ya! Garmin will get you going!

Well it's officially dead... Garmin offered me the exchange program so for $160 I sent in my old one and they give me back a 93sv reconditioned. I'm going to pass, install my 93sv Plus unit and use that till I get the Ultras.

Kind of crazy that that's all it took to kill it!

Quote Originally Posted by wakepics View Post
    Kind of crazy that that's all it took to kill it!
    Agreed, it's pretty crazy to me that just taking it off the cradle while powered up would bust it... really strange.