Sonar Version ??

Looking at buying a used HDS12 Gen3. The owner sent me a video of the unit on and was wanting to find out why under Sonar Version does it show 0.0.0? Does this mean something is wrong with the 2D sonar? Any help/advice would be appreciated.

2. Member
    sounds to me like the head unit is not right,does he say the unit is in good working condition

3. Member
    I would stay clear of that one.

4. Member
    I was kind of thinking the same thing. He does say everything works properly. I would check my units to see what they say but boat is being worked on so they aren’t on hand, but I’m pretty sure mine have a 3 digit number under sonar version and not 0.0.0. Thanks

5. Member
    There was a version of the Gen 3 software 7.0-59.1.72 where your sonar version would show as 0.0.0. The version was omitted by mistake as it was simply a text field that wasn't populated and in no way affected the functionality of the sonar or unit and was corrected on NOS60 release.

So one option is ask the seller what the software version is on the unit or simply ask him to update the unit and see if the sonar version populates. If it does not, I would not recommend buying it unless the buyer had a good explanation of why version unit is not populated.

6. Member
    It is running version 7.0. The application is 59.1.86

7. Member
    I really believe if the unit gets updated, all will be well. But make that a condition of the sale. Have him update it and grab a photo showing the sonar version. It should be fine after an update.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175