Fall Fishing Question

There are 8 to 10 of us going up to NY October 9th to 13th. We are interested in fishing for smallies and walleyes. We all have smaller size boats. What would be our best option? Oneida Lake = Chaumont Bay = 1000 Islands (what section). Then headed to Salmon River for a couple of days

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Went up to Chaumont and the St Lawrence same time last year , that time of year weather can be a crap shoot, we hit a bad cold front and fishing was crap at best (14 pound days) and the wind made Chaumont unfishible,(4.5 to 5 footers) the river can get pretty rough as well. Pray for some good weather. However the week before we went the fishing was slamming we heard. I northern NY the weather in October can be one extreme to the other. Any of the mentioned will be a good bet for smallies if weather is good. Cape Vincent, Clayton area would be where I would focus on the river.

3. Member
    Yes.. all good all weather pending ..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

4. Member
    Try Owasco lake near Auburn ny. only 10 miles long and has good smallies that time of year.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jstbass View Post
    Try Owasco lake near Auburn ny. only 10 miles long and has good smallies that time of year.

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

6. Member
    I would say oneida. You wont catch some of the giants but that time of year you can put up some really good numbers of smallies and walleyes with some good size mixed in.