Any owner feedback on the VX boats

It is my understanding that Vexus is starting to deliver some VX fiberglass boats. I would appreciate any feedback from new owners on ride, quality boat and trailer, fishing stability and owner satisfaction. I’m seriously considering a VX. Thank you

2. Member
    John, the company I work for purchased the AVX1980 back in March and although you are looking for the Fiberglass version, I wouldn't do it. I have personally owned the Ranger Z118 and the company had the Z521 and not only is the boat much better (although apples to oranges with Fiberglass to Aluminum) but first and foremost the customer service was light years better than Vexus. I have been trying to track Ryan Patterson down for months. He would answer an email, tell me he would get right back to me, then nothing for weeks. Then I would reach back out, a couple days he follows with, "expect a call from me tomorrow". This started in April after we purchased the boat in March and I am still trying to get a resolution over something that should be very easy. That doesn't even begin to touch the mediocre build quality and cheap parts all over this thing. The tandem axel trailer is nice though. I just can't reccommend buying one of their boats.
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/theadamsprojectfly
    Instagram: theadamsproject

Who have you escalated the issue too? Have you reached out to Keith D etc? Or is it easier to just randomly show up here to talk about Vexus. Seems odd. Haven't posted for a year and yet here you are talking about a boat that the business you are employed by owns. And Vexus isn't calling you back about their boat.
    I can say I have had my minor issues, however Vexus has always been super responsive and resolved all my issues. I would not hesitate to buy a Vexus again. They are FAR from cheaply made. You are on an island there.
    Last edited by Jonesslk; 08-27-2019 at 08:50 PM.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

Ranger Danger. Troll Alert!!!

So let me get this right, the OP asked about the glass Vexus and you respond with how great Ranger CS is and how Ryan won't call you back about a tin boat. Reading this, I understand why. Are you friends with TimmySeahawks?? I have done extensive research on these boats before ordering mine and while they are prone to issues, just like every boat line out there, they are not cheap. Cheap is how Tracker builds their boats and these boats are light years ahead of them. Seems really troll like well not seems but rather IS, but then I have noticed this happens a lot on this page. Tell the owner of the boat to reach out to Keith Daffron as referenced above the issues with the boat. If even their is a tin Vexus. The fact is, just like Ranger which I am coming out of, these boats are top notch and not even close to being mediocre.

5. Member
    Don't think this guy has a clue about how great the vexus boats are and how well
    they are built seems he is on here to bash vexus,,, some people just like to complain about something they don't even have

6. Member
    so back to the OP ?. Any feedback on the new glass boats???

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uwbadger View Post
    so back to the OP ?. Any feedback on the new glass boats???

8. Member
    I've been waiting 20 years to get my first and last bass boat, was ready to buy a couple of months ago but liked what I saw in the VX line and decided to wait a few months for the reviews to come in, I waited this long a few more months can't hurt.

9. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nativejax View Post
    John, the company I work for purchased the AVX1980 back in March and although you are looking for the Fiberglass version, I wouldn't do it. I have personally owned the Ranger Z118 and the company had the Z521 and not only is the boat much better (although apples to oranges with Fiberglass to Aluminum) but first and foremost the customer service was light years better than Vexus. I have been trying to track Ryan Patterson down for months. He would answer an email, tell me he would get right back to me, then nothing for weeks. Then I would reach back out, a couple days he follows with, "expect a call from me tomorrow". This started in April after we purchased the boat in March and I am still trying to get a resolution over something that should be very easy. That doesn't even begin to touch the mediocre build quality and cheap parts all over this thing. The tandem axel trailer is nice though. I just can't reccommend buying one of their boats.
    Well put, my Ranger Brother, well put!

2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    Well put, my Ranger Brother, well put!

Really? The post was so far off base that it was laughable. Ignorance is bliss I guess sometimes.

SCLARK - I noticed on other forums the mods tattle to Big Al and they boot anyone who spoke poorly of the sacred JM product(aka pot stirrers).......always an option with the Ranger fan boys on the Vexus page. RIP BigFrank, we miss you.

2nd Ranger BN, 75th Ranger Reg is the only true Ranger brotherhood. Hooah!! The tab is worn for life!
    Last edited by Jonesslk; 08-28-2019 at 09:28 AM. Reason: all in good fun.....

Well......the OP did ask about owner satisfaction. Obviously not an owner who was satisfied with the customer service they received.

Not sure why they needed to take it to that level right out of the gate unless they didn't receive decent support from the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Well......the OP did ask about owner satisfaction. Obviously not an owner who was satisfied with the customer service they received.

Not sure why they needed to take it to that level right out of the gate unless they didn't receive decent support from the dealer.
    The OP asked specifically about VX feedback. He isn't an owner. The company he works for is the owner. Obvious troll. I am confident it wasn't escalated if he there is a 1980.

Troll = anybody that says anything negtive about a Vexus boat

14. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    okay boys enough..
    lets stop attacking NativeJax, lets chalk it up to a miscommunication by both sides and call it good.
    it does no good to belittle a person for his opinion.
    thanks

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

15. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    okay boys enough..
    lets stop attacking NativeJax, lets chalk it up to a miscommunication by both sides and call it good.
    it does no good to belittle a person for his opinion.
    thanks
    Thank you Mr. Clark, you Sir are a fine Gentleman and a calming influence. You are also welcome to bask in the glory of our special brotherhood, which I don't believe I need to mention the name of...

And BTW - my utmost respect to 2nd Ranger BN, 75tn Ranger Reg and thank you to all who have served!
    Last edited by King_Fish; 08-28-2019 at 07:00 PM.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

16. Member
    I waited on VX for over a year. The boat is built right. I want to see how the paint holds up, and there were 2 finishing touches that held me up. I think you will be happily surprised with the storage and ride

Will the fiberglass boats be 2020 models?
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

18. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Yes ..