Thread: Insomnia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Insomnia

Anyone deal with insomnia?

Tons of times I am exhausted at night but my mind wants to keep thinking all night...

Basically it sucks, I went to sleep at 2am but couldn't sleep, ended up on the couch playing a video game until 5:30am and then tried to fall a sleep on the couch
    which didn't work, then around 11am went back to my bed and well....now I'm here.

I want to stay awake until tonight but damn I'm dragging and feel like garbage

2. Member
    cpl nights this week---got up tp pee and lay down and mind wont shut down. Thinking about stupid stuff that doesnt even matter. Sucks
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Cut out caffeine as much you can, put your phone down and stop watching TV about 30 minutes before bedtime. Take a melatonin and take a warm shower. Lay down and sleep.

One thing that has helped me is a consistent workout almost daily. It relieves stress, clears the mind and helps mentally in so many ways. A good, clean diet helps too.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Sounds like my wife...she can go almost 2 days of no sleep....crash for several hours and back at it.....

Me, im sleeping with 3 mins i lay my head down...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Mind not shutting off is one of my biggest problems, I also had a pretty nasty headache last night and took a Excedrin "contains caffeine" and I stopped drinking caffeine
    years ago, but the Excedrin is the only thing that works and I've tried all the other OTC headache meds...

6. Member
    It’s a side effect to some medications. Doc has prescribed me Lunesta. I hate the cycle of pills that heart disease has put me in, but Lunesta puts me out in 15 minutes and I wake up 8 hours later feeling great.

7. Member
    Tell me about it!! I have sleeping pills for it but don't like taking them. Melatonin helps some. If you like wine a big glass before bedtime is something I do at times. But sometimes I still struggle. Also I seldom ever take or drink anything with caffeine in it. Having bad health probably makes going to sleep harder also. I can relate!

8. Member
    I have episodes myself and can't really put my finger on it. Mark gave some good advice but times it just isn't meant to be and the next day I try not to nap which makes everything worse.

9. Banned
    Look at "Pineal Gland" and if You think Yours may be calcified I'll send You some info on how to decalcify it.

Pineal Gland is in the middle of Your brain where 'Melatonin' is produced naturally.

Watch out for "Ambien™" as there are numerous negatives associated with it's usage. (sleepwalking; doing weird shit whilst asleep; etc.)

As Mark typed the electronics are actually making Your brain more active; (by design, it's doing it's job.)

If You nap during the day 1 hr. of nap = 3 hrs. of REM sleep (Rapid Eye Movement- deep; refreshing sleep)

10. Member
    Sucks having issues and not getting much sleep.

11. Member
    Difficult problems at work and caffeine too late do it to me.

12. Member
    Try some melatonin works great for me

13. Member
    https://www.amazon.com/Big-Red-Roost...s%2C247&sr=8-4

Make sure you are getting plenty of fluids and give this sound machine a try - seems to have been a good remedy for me over the past 7 months.

Drugs
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

15. Member
    Good drink of any alcohol puts me out most of time. Doesn’t take much for me at all.
    Praying for a Cure

16. Member
    I switch up Melatonin and different over the counter sleeping pills, and still won't sleep sometimes.

17. Banned
    Been fighting this for years,the older I get the worse it's getting.I'm lucky to get 4 or 5 hours sleep a night.

18. Banned
    Sex?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riverc View Post
    Been fighting this for years,the older I get the worse it's getting.I'm lucky to get 4 or 5 hours sleep a night.
    Same with me, 2 to 4 hours is all I ever get. It has been this way for over 20 years. The thing is I seldom feel sleepy and wake up in a good mood every morning.

20. Member
    xanax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast