1996 Chamption 190 plumbing problem

I have four hoses in the sump. livewello drain, bilg pump. livewell fill line. all 3/4. And there is one that is a 1 1/2 and I have no idea what it is. This question is prompted by a leak somewhere as indicated by the bilge pump coming on ever forty minues to an hour. I replaced the splash rail drain and believe that isn't the problem. I would welcome any direction to correcting this problem without removing three batteries and a oil resivor

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    The 4th is going to be the livewell overflow. With you boat on the trailer, plug the bilge drain and start running water in the bilge area and see where it comes out. You want to get it deep enough to cover all the pumps. It'll help to raise the tongue of the trailer. If that doesn't produce results, drain that and allow to dry. Close the livewell drain and start filling the livewell and see if water comes out the bilge drain.

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. I though that the livewell drain would come out the side of the boat. I have observed that when the livewell drain valve is closed that I have
    very little water in the boat. WouLd you think that would indicate that the problem is with the livewell overflow or the livewell ? Thanks again for you input, I will disconect my bilge pumps and do the test you suggested.

4. Banned
    Livewell control valve is probably leaking. Hate to say it but everything will have to come out of the way so you can access the bilge area. Close the livewell valves and fill the livewells with a garden hose and watch the bilge area for the leak.

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimthefisherman View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I though that the livewell drain would come out the side of the boat. I have observed that when the livewell drain valve is closed that I have very little water in the boat.
    Everything comes out the back on the step of the pad. If it's not as bad with the livewell valve closed, then I'd look between the livewell and drain valve as jarhead suggested.

6. Member
    The dischard hose on the livewell circulation pump is a little to big and was leaking. I also have a very small leak on the bottom of the livewell which would require the cap to be remove to repair. I can live with that. The batteries seem to have gotten much heaver , might be caused by my eightyfirst birthday. Thanks again for your input

r it.