Thread: 93sv+ cradle

93sv+ cradle

Drove through about 2 miles of rain and got the unit wet, long story short next day it didn't work.Called Garmin and told them what happened and began to state the unit model and the guy stopped me and asked for my name and address than stated he would have a new cradle sent out immediately, they must have a lot of problems with these cradles to warrant a response such as this.Good job Garmin for seeing a problem and solving it.

2. Member
    This is why I'm selling my 93sv and upgrading to the Em Ultra.

3. Member
    I'd white lithium all plug connect points. So far my 93sv chirp non+ hasn't had this issue. Going on third season... Hope I didn't just jinx it ...lol
    Good on Garmin though..
    1994 SWIFT boat 200-SDX
    1999 Mercury EFI 150

4. Member
    Just lost power on my 73sv. It is a flush mounted bow unit, but we had a ton of rain and it was in it sitting all day. I know it is the unit because I swapped out my bow unit and it works. It is three years old. I will call Garmin tomorrow, but I may try to find a used one. Already have the transducer. Anyone had this issue with 73sv?
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lunker56 View Post
    Just lost power on my 73sv. It is a flush mounted bow unit, but we had a ton of rain and it was in it sitting all day. I know it is the unit because I swapped out my bow unit and it works. It is three years old. I will call Garmin tomorrow, but I may try to find a used one. Already have the transducer. Anyone had this issue with 73sv?
    When I bought my first EM 93 chirp (non+) it had an out of warranty flat rate refurb price of @ $175.00. You may find this more economical than another purchase - even used. This was something I asked about before purchasing as I had experienced other brands that had no repair at all after warranty.

6. Member
    got a hold of them tonight--$150 exchange. Not too bad
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

7. Member
    Was having my 93sv plus lose power. Traced all my wiring and tested with Meter and had Voltage. Called Garmin, new Cradle sent to me next day.

8. Member
    Mine was full of water. It is flush mounted. Very surprised as I have been in many storms and no issues. Cant believe it had that much water in it. I thought they were sealed so that would not happen. Maybe the way it was sitting
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

9. Member
    Dont use white lithium grease it's not made for electric connections. get you some Dielectric grease it will keep water and moisture out and it's made for electric connections. any time your doing any wiring with crimp on or anything else use it before crimping even on your fuse's wipe a little on the blades or the ends of the fuse before plugging them in it will keep the aluminum from corroding. this stuff is a life saver on boats electric system's
    2006 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX 115 Merc