Late Sept-early Oct on LSC

Is there a better time in this timeframe for the US side, for bass? Went last Oct, Holloween weekend or so, water was already in mid 40's, had a hard time getting bit...so, thought I'd try a little earlier.

TIA, Mike

Fish/Jig a "Blade Bait" where the fish are.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKz View Post
    Is there a better time in this timeframe for the US side, for bass? Went last Oct, Holloween weekend or so, water was already in mid 40's, had a hard time getting bit...so, thought I'd try a little earlier.

TIA, Mike
    I was out there Friday morning and most guys were fishing 17 to 21 feet in the grass. I found some fish shallow and deep. You just have to do some moving to find them.

4. Member
    Thanks for lure and depth recommendations.

Any thoughts on water temps I can expect to see mid Sept to early Oct?

Thanks, Mike

Upper 60's would be my guess

6. Member
    Last year temps dropped off faster at the end of October than normal. A typical year will still have water in the 70’s at the beginning of September and 60’s by the end. Then by the end of October dropping to the low 50’s, and 40 by maybe Thanksgiving. Water coming out of the SCR channels will not cool as quickly because it’s pulling water from Lake Huron which is a touch deeper than LSC.

7. Member
    Perfect, thank you.