HB Software Update....1.9 Issues?

The other day I decided to check and see if any updates were available for the HB units. I saw that there were updates for both so I proceeded to do the updates like I always have.

Fished a derby yesterday and all I can say is that I wish I had never touched the units.

First issue I noticed was the right side of SI on the bow was blanked out. No reading whatsoever. The 2D was crap and inconsistent.

Next, at the console, my 2D would just stop reading all together. The visual effects were completely shit as well. No longer crisp but more "blobish" in appearance.

The SI at the console I usually keep on pallet 4 with a fairly high sensitivity reading. Scan out to 70 feet gave me a very clear image especially on mega chirp frequency.

Anyone else experience such a negative effect after the update? I thought that maybe the download was installed poorly but when I tried again the units wouldn't let me and stated that they are currently updated with the most current software version.

My SI blanked out as well. I restored defaults on that unit and started over,been fine ever since. No other issues though.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

3. Member
    Wish I hadn’t done the update either. I have 4 helix 10s on my boat and the 2 that are sonar gps units won’t even show sonar as an option to view. And I don’t think my views are as clear on any of them.

4. Member
    Each update makes the unit go downhill a little at a time and walla.. here’s the gen3 better upgrade your unit! It’s soo much better! If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

5. Member
    "Anyone else experience such a negative effect after the update?"

Nope. Worked fine for me on both my SI and DI units.

Did you restore defaults both before and after updating?

6. Member
    There are pages and pages regarding update issues. I think many resolved but I think research here is always called for before you make changes. Restore defaults multiple times was reported to help some.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post

Yes sir, been doing HB updates now for about 9 years. Never seen an update so foul my units like this one.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post

Yep. 2 units update worked fine. Other 2 units not so much

9. Member
    Lost half of my SI on one unit and 2D hit the dust also. You’re not alone. My SI is back at the factory for repair now and have yet to figure out the 2D issue. Good luck