2008 Mercury 150 EFI 1B704163

1. Serial # 1B704163
    2. 2008 150 EFI / 1150413HY
    3. Tempest Plus 23" Pitch RH
    4. 5600-5700 "When Running" Down to 1800-2200"
    5. Idle 5lbs WOT 18lbs
    6. Smartcraft Vessel View Mobile
    7. Any Engine Mods? None

The motor went from 56mph to 8mph and never changed all the way back to the ramp 3 miles.

965hrs. I have vessel view mobile i bought from Europen Marine and getting fault codes and trying to confirm if this is for the oil tank mounted on the motor. The motor went from wide open to only able to run 8mph. Is there also a way to clear the codes.

Attachment 373722

Attachment 373723

Attachment 373724
    Last edited by Shakey Head1; 08-20-2019 at 08:48 PM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    These (3) Faults are "Ghost Faults" (you likely don't have a fuel level or oil level harness/sensor, and likely are using an ANALOG trim sensor).

They can be silenced/ignored.

Check the BASICS, you likely have a problem that will be found by basic diagnostic measures (Compression, Spark and Fuel).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    These (3) Faults are "Ghost Faults" (you likely don't have a fuel level or oil level harness/sensor, and likely are using an ANALOG trim sensor).

They can be silenced/ignored.

Check the BASICS, you likely have a problem that will be found by basic diagnostic measures (Compression, Spark and Fuel).
    Thanks Don
    All coils had fire and Fuel pressure was 46lb. consistent. I replaced the fuel filter and plugs and below are my test results. Taking it out in the morning to see if any thing changed.

I have been running Don's cocktail for 8 yrs ever since i learned about it, and Brucato serviced the injectors 2 yrs ago this month. I re-built the vst tank with new pump, regulator and seals at the same time.

Attachment 374500

Attachment 374501

Attachment 374502

Attachment 374510

Last edited by Shakey Head1; 08-24-2019 at 11:21 AM.

4. Member
    compression ????????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    compression ????????
    Compression numbers are written next to the plugs on the paper.

6. Member
    warning horn working at key up, if checked correctly those are mighty low but consistent,plugs look awful rich esp 4&6
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Last edited by Shakey Head1; 08-26-2019 at 12:31 PM.

After running test and plugs did not look good even with spark test, i did a resistance test on cheap wannabe coils i bought and they did not meet the parameters so i re-installed what i saved from my old coils and ran great. I ordered 6 new Mercury Coils from European Marine, If cheap coils last a year and a half they are not worth it and luckily it does not seem to have damaged anything else. Compression test is the same from 2 years ago when i had injectors serviced.
    Thanks Don as always and Thank You Joe for looking at my post.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    One other item- good idea to pull your pressure regulator, and make sure the screen is clean (as well as no trash in the void underneath it). Elevated fuel pressure can/will cause a rich running condition (of course, so will weak spark).

And of course- replace those plugs!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor