Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar

Ultrex and us2 transducer

I ordered the 2 different cables to use my echo map 93sv with us2 transducer.
    Yes it takes 2 cables an 8 pin to 12 pin then the 8 pin to the 4 pin.
    I guess I will find out how it all works out. But i was just wondering how has it worked for everyone else. Do you get temp readings and are you able to use the quickdraw feature.
    Thanks for the reply
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

2. Member
    Don't use it, you only get 2D sonar with the US2 transducer.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

3. Member
    It has always seem to me to be a contradiction to want to hook up a run-of-the-mill built-in transducer to such a Garmin unit. Sure you save $120 over buying a GT8 or more if using a combo transducer but you have a unit whose capabilities are locked out connected to this type transducer. If I was planning to connect to a trolling motor built in transducer I would save even more by going with a 4 or 6 inch unit since all you get is 2d anyway.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

I was going to use the US2 in my Terrova with my 93 Chirp, since I wanted to keep cables to a minimum. I was not impressed with the performance at all. I stuck the CV52 on the barrel and it's so much better, even with the ugly cable set up.

5. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    I should have added that I run humingbird side image unit from the troller. So i don't have the option to use the garmin transducer.
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

6. Member
    I'm using the US2 from my Terrova and am pulling temps without issue. I haven't tried quickdraw. I'm pulling SI/DI from my Livescope on a separate pole, so I don't feel I'm missing too much without mounting another transducer. A few lakes I fish are full of boulders and I wanted to run without another transducer for a season to see if I miss it before I add more complexity to my configuration. So far I haven't because 99% of the time I am running Livescope on the unit anyways. If you are going to be using 2d exclusively you may want to cave and add the additional transducer, but it's been good enough for me.