Thread: New Ram mpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    The OP was asking about fuel mileage on the 2019 Ram, he likely doesn't care what the Tundra gets for mileage. The 2019 Ram is 225 lbs lighter than a 2018 and definitely more aerodynamic (huge difference on a windy day over my 2013 Ram - I feel the wind more in my Charger Daytona than I do in the truck).

I've not figured out my mileage, it is what it is, but I have the optional 27 gal fuel tank and 3.92 gears and can run from Clarks Summit, PA to Nags Head, NC a distance of 480 miles and still have quite a bit left when I get there, around 65 miles according to the fuel gauge if I remember correctly. And I definitely don't drive slow. I'm driving 75-80 much of the way where the speed limits are 65/70.
    ram optional fuel tank is 27 gallons that’s funny most trucks 1/2 ton have 26 gallon standard maybe you meant 37 gallon.

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainslinger1959 View Post
    ram optional fuel tank is 27 gallons that’s funny most trucks 1/2 ton have 26 gallon standard maybe you meant 37 gallon.
    The larger tank is 33 gallons, havr it in my truck
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Just got back from California. Average speed was 70-75. Average mpg was 16.36 on a calculator. And for the record that's exactly what the truck computer said too. I'm very happy with this. Plus it's such a dream to drive.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

I've been wondering the same thing. we are going to get the wife a truck. I love my ram and really like the new ones but new one will be a grocery getter and I cant argue with 20 city mpg from the Ford 2.7 EcoBoost.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainslinger1959 View Post
    I just went in to the Ram Canada site and built a 2019 Ram Sport (only available in Canada) and the optional fuel tank is 124 liters, 27.4 gallons. This would be our Canadian Imperial gallons which are larger than the US gallons, so the 124 liters converted would be 32.7 US gallons. I forgot about the US/Canadian gallon thing.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    dont get the air ride. thats the whole reason why I got rid of my Ram 1500 laramie ecodiesel, the air ride kept blowing out seals, I was hauling heavy stuff, like a trailer or skid loader, the leaf springs are the way to go. now if you dont haul heavy stuff then it might be fine. I jumped up to an F250 next. glad I did for towing but really sincerely miss the ram ecodiesel and the nicer interior.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

I drove a Ram with the air ride and I really couldn't tell any difference in the ride especially for what the option costs. I guess if you go offroad a bit you can raise it but how many really need to do that.

This weighed just about 4k lbs. Ram with air ride kept it level and smooth the whole trip. Averaged about 10.6-11mpg. Plenty of power going up some long steady inclines too.
    bp gas station site id
    " A Few Good Fish"

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    I drove a Ram with the air ride and I really couldn't tell any difference in the ride especially for what the option costs. I guess if you go offroad a bit you can raise it but how many really need to do that.
    i hated it. it was annoying, it would try and level the trailer load and struggled. not for me but really miss the ecodiesel and look of the truck.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    1500 Laramie 4x4
    3.0 Liter V6 EcoDiesel
    8 speed auto 8HP70 transmission
    Rear axle 3.55
    No regrets i get 27-29 mpg on interstate and 21 mpg in town and 17 when towing a 21 ft Ranger boat

11. Member
    15.7 mixed on my 17 Rebel air ride etc..I do believe the toyos though great for what I use em for really hurt mileage. and fwiw I do like the air ride on the rebel and use it running the beaches off in the soft stuff here in Tx now.

12. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Eco diesel will get car mpg anything else sucks.

13. Member
    2016 Ram 1500 Laramie hemi. I don't have the 3.92 gears, I have the 3.31s or 3.21s whatever they are. 32 gallon tank, every feature except ram box and air suspension. Currently at 65k miles. I get 16.5-17mpg in my regular commute (no highway). On the highway I get 24-25mpg at 80mph. Did a trip to Idaho. Went 580 miles before I stopped for gas and the on board computer showed I had something like 70 miles left before empty. My calculation was that I had gotten 24.1mpg (not using the truck computer which said 25.3). I went 190 miles this weekend towing my boat and got right about 14.8mpg, again doing 75-80 other than some slow sections on the way home from an accident.

My one experience with the air suspension wasn't good. My stepfather has a '13 1500 laramie with it. Chrysler corporate had to get involved and they have replaced every air suspension component on that truck twice now, even going so far as to replace the entire wiring harness. The idea that I could lower the truck, back up to the trailer, then raise it up is appealing but not worth that kind of headache.

If you do get one, buy the lifetime warranty.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

14. Member
    2019 Ram crewcab 4X4, 3.92 gears. These are the gas tank calcs I got going from Cincinnati to Charleston, SC. Ran 78-80MPH the whole time.

18.34 MPG
    19.09 MPG
    18.22 MPG
    19.40 MPG

Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    2019 Ram crewcab 4X4, 3.92 gears. These are the gas tank calcs I got going from Cincinnati to Charleston, SC. Ran 78-80MPH the whole time.

18.34 MPG
    19.09 MPG
    18.22 MPG
    19.40 MPG
    That's about right. Part of my 16.36 was when I was still towing. I forgot to reset the trip meter.
    " A Few Good Fish"

16. Member
    Thanks for the input guys. The truck I'm possibly getting this week is a 19 but used. The truck is the Laramie sport package in the color I want. It doesn't have the e torque which is a plus for me. It does have the air ride and that is the only thing I wasn't to sure about but hopefully it'll last. I love my ecoboost but have heard and known of to many issues with these motors and want something that I can keep for a while.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123