Thread: New Ram mpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    My 2014 1500 with 5.7 and 3.55 average around 14 in town. Took over road and it was a 19 average. Truck is pushing 200k now.
    1994 SWIFT boat 200-SDX
    1999 Mercury EFI 150

2. Member
    Huh, it’s got the sport hood and wheels but still has the 3.92 rear end. I’ve got the same truck but blacked out and had to get the 3.21 instead since that’s all the sport package comes with.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nmaxwell0003 View Post
    Huh, it’s got the sport hood and wheels but still has the 3.92 rear end. I’ve got the same truck but blacked out and had to get the 3.21 instead since that’s all the sport package comes with.
    Weird!!
    I can take a pic of the window sticker if needed

4. Banned
    '17 Sport CC 4x2 w/ 3.92's and oem 22" wheels. I get about 19 on the highway and 15-16 around town. Towing the boat I get about 14-15. Best I've seen while towing was 15.1 on a trip to James River.

Keeping it 75 or under nets the best MPG for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    After used a good bit all brands will get 8-12 mpg. Never had a truck that kept mileage as new.
    WRONG
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

2019 Ram 1500 Limited crewcab. 3.92 rearend and 4wd. Average I'm getting is around 17.5. That's driving about 40 miles a week round trip to work plus some short trips. Just towed a Ford Ranger truck up to California about 250 miles from Henderson NV. Average mpg was 10.6. Mostly around 60 mph once in California. That's fantastic. Some long steady inclines too. I'm anxious to see the mileage on the way home today not towing.

Air ride suspension is fantastic. It kept the truck level with the trailer. It auto levels. Plus empty it rides so smooth. It lowers itself above 63 to get better mpg. Then there is an entry/exit mode and 2 different off road modes to gain better ground clearance.
    " A Few Good Fish"

Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    I have a 2019 ram limited but the have the 3.21. Get around 17 mixed driving and as good as 22 on road. Towing my bass cat gets 13. The air ride is awesome and I like the ability to change the ride height as needed.

My 2017 is identical. Love the truck. The new ones should only be better
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gdi View Post
    who cares about the MPG if you do then you don't want a truck. But I'll say this I have a 2015 Yukon with the 6.2 and around town I can pull high teens to low twenty. But what ever I get I love the truck didn't buy for mpg.
    Ahhh yes the classic and antiquated “trucks and mpg” are independent notions. Thank goodness there are folks out there who believe in innovation and are more forward-thinking.

Intel should probably stop making new chips too, cause after all, the current ones work...

9. Banned
    2015 w/ 5.7 Hemi w/ 8 speed trans, Crew Cab w/ truck cap...

19mpg's just driving around
    14mpg's towing a Bullet XRS

And I drive to get there... Dan

10. Member
    https://www.strutmasters.com/product...ion-kit-dr14f/

Those air suspensions can be very costly for someone who keeps their truck long term. I’ve never understood why they put it in the Rebel? That truck is supposedly engineered to beat off road. I’ve rode on and drove both. They both drive and ride nice. The standard suspension might surprise you on how nice it rides.

11. Member
    I have a 2017 GMC Denali 6.2 with 33,000mi, 23highway, 16 city, overall 18/19mpg. Pulling my 19' BB in New England 16mpg if I go gently on the highway. Very happy with the performance, way better than the 5.3 engine.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ram/1500

The averages dropped when they dropped the Eco Diesel. I’d plan on 16-17 overall which is a little better than the “gas hog” Tundras and Titans at 14-15 overall. Too much competition for there to be a huge spread.
    my tundra gets 17 to 18 overall and 14 when I am pulling my Ranger. Looks like the gas hog is right in the ballpark.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearetta View Post
    You can baby it if you want and get +17mpg.
    i was watching the mpg readout the other day and noticing 22+ when you cruise at 55-60, which is never.
    I have the 2018 with 3.92 and 4x4 crew cab.
    love it. Pulls great. Runs fast when you want it to.
    factory pipes even have a little growl to them.
    All in @ 22,000 miles my readout says 17 mpg including the towing mileage.
    you do realize that truck has engine management on it that cuts down to 4 cylinders .
    Hemi won’t get 21 mpg not even close with 392 gears . Don’t believe everything that on board computer says
    check it manually then you will know. Just sold one it got 13 hwy on a good day towing nothing. Another reason was engine management system did not like it.

J D

Quote Originally Posted by Chainslinger1959 View Post
    you do realize that truck has engine management on it that cuts down to 4 cylinders .
    Hemi won’t get 21 mpg not even close with 392 gears . Don’t believe everything that on board computer says
    check it manually then you will know. Just sold one it got 13 hwy on a good day towing nothing. Another reason was engine management system did not like it.

J D
    And what year Ram was this that only got 13 hwy towing nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ram/1500

The averages dropped when they dropped the Eco Diesel. I’d plan on 16-17 overall which is a little better than the “gas hog” Tundras and Titans at 14-15 overall. Too much competition for there to be a huge spread.
    Kinda funny the 2019 Ram averaged 15.4 and that Gas Hog Tundra averaged 14.7. My 2015 Tundra Limited 4x4 Crew Cab averages 15 mpg mixed driving. What Fuelly doesn’t take into account on trucks is lift kits and oversized tires.
    Last edited by ifishinxs; 08-18-2019 at 12:56 PM.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

The OP was asking about fuel mileage on the 2019 Ram, he likely doesn't care what the Tundra gets for mileage. The 2019 Ram is 225 lbs lighter than a 2018 and definitely more aerodynamic (huge difference on a windy day over my 2013 Ram - I feel the wind more in my Charger Daytona than I do in the truck).

I've not figured out my mileage, it is what it is, but I have the optional 27 gal fuel tank and 3.92 gears and can run from Clarks Summit, PA to Nags Head, NC a distance of 480 miles and still have quite a bit left when I get there, around 65 miles according to the fuel gauge if I remember correctly. And I definitely don't drive slow. I'm driving 75-80 much of the way where the speed limits are 65/70.

17. Member
    Have a friend that has an older Ram Rebel pushing 100k miles . The only problem he has had is the air ride suspension. It was replaced by the warranty, I believe now air ride is not standard on the Rebel as before. I could be wrong, I was once.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    Have a friend that has an older Ram Rebel pushing 100k miles . The only problem he has had is the air ride suspension. It was replaced by the warranty, I believe now air ride is not standard on the Rebel as before. I could be wrong, I was once.
    Correct. Air ride is much improved from when it first was introduced. Most problems were in freezing conditions. It is not the same as it was. It is so smooth. The truck is super quiet and I'll figure out my mileage today on our trip back home. But with the optional 33 gal tank it will go over 400 miles easily.
    " A Few Good Fish"

Quote Originally Posted by Tundah View Post
    Ahhh yes the classic and antiquated “trucks and mpg” are independent notions. Thank goodness there are folks out there who believe in innovation and are more forward-thinking.

Intel should probably stop making new chips too, cause after all, the current ones work...
    Let me explain better for you. I never ever cared about mpg on anything I bought. I buy things because I want them and I can afford them. Never wanted rambler classic I wanted the Big Block chevy. So yes who cares. And maybe time for you to re-chip. My point is buy what you like now life is to short to say I should have.

20. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gdi View Post
    Let me explain better for you. I never ever cared about mpg on anything I bought. I buy things because I want them and I can afford them. Never wanted rambler classic I wanted the Big Block chevy. So yes who cares. And maybe time for you to re-chip. My point is buy what you like now life is to short to say I should have.
    What does this have to do with another person asking about mpg??

Life is to short to think everyone should be exactly like you.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast