Prairie du Chien lodging

Im looking for some recommendations for lodging in the prairie du Chien area , something that’s boat friendly that has some outside receptacles maybe close to a boat ramp or has there own ramp ?? Just a friend and I are coming up there next week for a four day fishing trip

Drive 30 miles north and stay at the scenic valley motel. Fishing is better in pool 9 lansing iowa

3. Member
    I think pool 9 is better as well, but not bad at pool 10, could camp at Wyalusing st park, nice launch not sure about electrical though
    Cheese County Bass Club

4. Member
    Thanks for the information , is there a ramp on the Lansing side or do I need cross over to theWisconsin side ? And do you only need the fishing license for the state your launching from ??

5. Member
    I suggest staying home Bassman392. No Fish up there!

Theres a couple of ramps close to lansing on the Wisconsin side you can use within a few minutes drive. Desoto ferryville and lynxville and blackhawk park are all pretty close

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman392 View Post
    Thanks for the information , is there a ramp on the Lansing side or do I need cross over to theWisconsin side ? And do you only need the fishing license for the state your launching from ??
    A WI. license will let you fish IA., WI.& MN. boundary waters (stay within the RR tracks on each side of the river.)

There are 3 ramps in PDC, $7 daily fee and a bunch of motels,not sure if any have outside elec. hookups.
    Last edited by basfish; 08-20-2019 at 09:20 PM.
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

8. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    I have stayed at the River District Hotel countless times over the years and it has electrical hook ups at the light poles.
    LeaLea

9. Member
    Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Prairie du Chien, WI We just stayed there a few weeks ago. Nice place and have a bar/restaurant attached. Plenty of parking with outlets on the light poles. On the north side of town past cabelas. We put in around Washington St. and you have to get a launch pass of $7 at Kwik trip, Bp, or a few other places. We caught some fish and was fun. It appeared to be easy to navigate with many channel markers. Good luck.

If you are going to PDC you can stay at Motel 6 on north edge of town. Other than unhooking, (depending on which room you get), boat parking and charging is fine. Save the $7/day ramp charge and put in on the Iowa side at Marquette for free. Or as mentioned, Lansing is a fine option as well. Problem with Lansing is if you go above New Albin on the Iowa side you are in MN waters. So in essence you would need an additional license if you went up that far. It's the border of IA/WI/MN.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    If you are going to PDC you can stay at Motel 6 on north edge of town. Other than unhooking, (depending on which room you get), boat parking and charging is fine. Save the $7/day ramp charge and put in on the Iowa side at Marquette for free. Or as mentioned, Lansing is a fine option as well. Problem with Lansing is if you go above New Albin on the Iowa side you are in MN waters. So in essence you would need an additional license if you went up that far. It's the border of IA/WI/MN.
    A WI. license will let you fish IA., WI.& MN. boundary waters (stay within the RR tracks on each side of the river.)
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!