can two helix share lakemaster mapping?

I have a helix 9 g2n at console with a lakemaster chip. I have a helix 9 g3n at bow. How can I get the bow unit to see the console map data. I know my internet is working because I can see the external gps antenna at the console unit. thanks

2. Member
    not possible you need a card for each unit. it is for this reason that i just buy two copies of individual maps as I need them. IMO biggest con of the Helix units.

3. Member
    dog gone it. the helix units are one of the key units for hummingbird. I was trying to slowly move from lowrance to hummingbird and am new to birds. this is a big negative because the units can share waypoints and gps. so it is a licensing issue or something else?

4. Member
    idk. the solix units can do it. i use helix units as well. just make sure you have two map cards. 1 for each unit. makes the helix up front savings likely cost mroe in the long run if you fish a lot of different places.

5. Member
    You have to go with Solix units to share map cards

6. Member
    thanks guys. I invested with Helix because of the research that indicated they were much more reliable than the solix. Even KVD has helix units on his boat, at least he did during the T-Bend tourney a few years back.

7. Member
    Can you not copy a duplicate on a laptop?

8. Member
    Map cards cannot be duplicated.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow