Electrolysis prop nut

I firs posted this on the ranger forum, I'm getting galvic corrosion on my th marine prop nut. Could it be that my univrsal sonar is running off the 12 volt cranking battery thru the bow graph and my ULTREX is running on the 24 volt batteries? Causing the interference? Thanks!

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Likely you have some kind of mis-wired connection between your cranking battery and TM batteries. Jump starter is an extremely common source in Rangers.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I belive my jump switch is in fact wired incorrect (wired to the high side battery) so now my question is, has there been damage done to my ultrex with the electrolysis?

4. Member
    Since you caught it this quick, probably not. The Jump start switch should be wired to the battery delivering Negative to the trollingmotor. There should be a jumper from Cranking battery negative connecting to trolling motor battery negative. The positive will go to that same battery. If you're using the US2, I'm guessing the fuse in the head of the trolling motor is blown.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]