Carbon sonar settings

In settings under sonar not quite sure about these settings.
    What is " internal sonar". What is "network sonar"and
    what is "network sonar mode" settings for?... Have a Carbon on
    the console with a 3 in 1, and a Live on the bow with 3 in 1.

THX!
    Roach

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roach11 View Post
    In settings under sonar not quite sure about these settings.
    What is " internal sonar".
    INTERNAL SONAR CH1 & INTERNAL SONAR CH2 allow you to turn ON or OFF the HDS sonar connections.
    On the rear of your HDS units, CH1 is the blue plug and CH2 is the black plug.
    Turn OFF any channels not in use to avoid "phantoms".
    What is "network sonar"
    NETWORK SONAR ON allows that units 2D sonar to be accessible on other units thru the Ethernet network & under Local/Global control with other units.
    what is "network sonar mode" settings for?
    NETWORK SONAR MODE choices are either Multi-Source or Single-Source. You want to be Multi-Source.
    In a nutshell, Multi-Source will allow you to have multiple 2D transducers concurrently in use.
    Single-source is necessary only if you have a HDS GEN2 or older unit in the ethernet network.

3. Member
    What is "network sonar"
    NETWORK SONAR ON allows that units 2D sonar to be accessible on other units thru the Ethernet network & under Local/Global control with other units.

NETWORK SONAR On or Off depends on what you want.

If you want the Trolling-motor transducer ONLY view able on the bow HDS unit and not visible on the console units. Just turn NETWORK SONAR = OFF.
    If you want the Trolling-motor transducer view able on the console units, then turn NETWORK SONAR = ON.

Regardless:
    Under Settings-->Network-->Data Sources
    Configure the Bow HDS unit to use the TM transducer for depth and temperature and set each as Local mode.
    Configure the Bow HDS unit to use the Bow Unit's internal GPS antenna and set the GPS All Data as Local mode.
    When you do this for the bow HDS unit, then the Bow remains on the TM transducer/GPS antenna and the console remains on what ever the console is set for.

4. Member
    I have a HDS-12 Carbon on the bow. And HDS-16 and HDS-12 Live units on the console.

My bow HDS is configured as above to use TM HDI transducer/internal GPS antenna and set for Local modes.

My console units are configured to use transom 2D sonars(ThruHull & TM150),transom StructureScan and transom Point-1 and all set for Global mode. Changes on one console HDS reflects to the other, but the bow unit is exclude from these changes.

I can view the bow 2D transducer from the console units. but rarely fo I do so.

All Structurescan and Downscan is view able from all units.

5. Member
    USE NETWORK DEPTH and TEMP DATA is a new choice. Still testing it.

Seems to allow you to select and receive depth and temperature from a device(transducer) connected to another HDS on the network.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleGazoo View Post
    Regardless:
    Under Settings-->Network-->Data Sources
    Configure the Bow HDS unit to use the TM transducer for depth and temperature and set each as Local mode.
    Configure the Bow HDS unit to use the Bow Unit's internal GPS antenna and set the GPS All Data as Local mode.
    When you do this for the bow HDS unit, then the Bow remains on the TM transducer/GPS antenna and the console remains on what ever the console is set for.
    If you have point 1, I suggest setting BOW to use it as the source for heading data. This avoids the dreaded spinning map.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D