When it comes to solar/liner tables...

Do you live or die by them? I have been out of fishing the last few years, but I just bought a 2016 Ranger Z521c and I’m eager to get back into fishing. I have a lot to learn about new technology imaging etc. I work 7 on and 7 off which is very convenient. But, as I look at the solar/lunar tables, my week off is the opposite week of prime time according to the charts... bummer. So, my question is: Do you give much credence to these charts? Do you feel that you are disadvantaged on the “bad day cycles? Do you avoid fishing all together during these bad times? I don’t mean to sound like a “fair weather fisherman” because I’m going to get after them one way or another. It’s just that I have obligations on my week off, so I was wondering if it was worthwhile to adjust things so I could go as close to the predicted most productive times. Sorry about being so long-winded. I value your opinions.
    thanks,
    M.n.

I go fishing when I can go. I already have enough fishing handicaps without worrying about the moon phase.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    I go fishing when I can go. I already have enough fishing handicaps without worrying about the moon phase.
    Same here, but I do like a full moon when night fishing. Don't need the solunar tables to tell me when that is.

4. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    In the summer i love fishing the full moon mid day. Just like I enjoy hunting mid day on a full moon. There is an activity window, hot or cold as it may be, that the fish chew around 11:00-2:00 in the afternoon.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If i followed the lunar tables, i'd never get to go fishing......personally, never look at them......i go whenever i can..
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Banned
    Just get out there and keep the line wet... They gotta eat sometime... Dan

Those tables have led me astray and broken my heart more than any woman I’ve ever known.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Not matter what the tables say, you still have to find the fish and make them bite to be successful... therefore they dont really matter. You can fish on the "best" day and not be around fish and not catch any or you could fish on the worst day and be around fish and wear them out regardless of what a piece of paper with a number on it says. In my mind I approach every day I get to go fishing as the best day of the year.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

9. Member
    nope,i go by the cows.

10. Member
    It works out every now and then. I have checked it after some good days and sometimes it is spot on, other times, not so much.

11. Member
    Don't know about the lunar tables, but i'm a firm believer in night time moonlight being a huge difference on the highland lakes around here. Also when you see the moon dropping get ready for it to shut down big time.

12. Member
    Between watching the cows, always searching for deer or turkeys while driving along. A good count on wildlife give me a better insight into how my day will go.
    Wildlife feeding equals fish feeding, ingesting my baits later on that day.

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I think the solar and lunar table can affect fishing BUT current weather conditions and current water conditions will always be a more strong factor than the lunar table. With that being said I do not let the lunar table play a role into me going or staying home. I may look at it for reference but it will not make me stay home or make me want to go...I go when I can.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Don't know about the lunar tables, but i'm a firm believer in night time moonlight being a huge difference on the highland lakes around here. Also when you see the moon dropping get ready for it to shut down big time.
    After spending many years fishing the spring shad spawn, I’ve witnessed the bite completely go away many times as the moon set.