Thread: Funeral Pics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I wouldn't dare take pics of the deceased. My family members did take pics of themselves and other members they haven't seen in years. It was done very discretely, and in front of a flower arrangement. It was done after most of the non family members had left visitation.

2. Banned

3. Member
    It wouldnt surprise me if taking pics of the deceased doesnt become common. Back in the late 1800's I believe it was the norm. They even went as far as propping them up in lifelike poses.

4. Member
    I was at a funeral last year phones rang many times.
    To me any one who would bring a phone into a funeral is a low class jerk.
    People can live without a phone for a hour or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    I was at a funeral last year phones rang many times.
    To me any one who would bring a phone into a funeral is a low class jerk.
    People can live without a phone for a hour or two.
    What if there is an emergency at my kids kindergarten or what if my elderly father has a stroke like he did a few years ago. Do these things make someone a jerk? There is nothing wrong with taking a phone into a funeral as long as it’s silenced and put away unless needed.

6. Member
    I think it is a cultural thing. I worked in the Housing projects as a cop, these were minority areas. I remember going into people's apt's and seeing photos like this on the walls.
    Different cultures look at death in different ways.
    Question everything!

7. Member
    I have a phone and now way would i bring it in to a Funeral, what if i had said nothing and it went off in the middle of the sermon? And you are darn right i was threatening him

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee View Post
    I read it as the OP told the guy that he didn't want the phone ringing during the funeral.
    I may have worded it in a misleading way but that was it...still...way to tacky for me, again if it had gone off, there would have been a larger issue. As far as respect for my brother, it was my sisters boyfriend haha

My wife and I leave our phones in the car when we attend a funeral, or a wedding. But, to each his own.
    If you want to be that person who can’t separate from their cell phone for an hour or so, and you don’t have enough respect to turn the ringer off, or not text, or surf FB during the service, I can only hope you’re treated with just as much disrespect by the family.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
    I have a phone and now way would i bring it in to a Funeral, what if i had said nothing and it went off in the middle of the sermon? And you are darn right i was threatening him
    There's a big difference between having a phone on you and using it in an inappropriate setting.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
    I think you’re just wound a little too tight. Truth was probably 90% of the people had their phone on them. You just didn’t see them. If I was that guy I woulda just left and thought what a d**k you were. Lol.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    It wouldnt surprise me if taking pics of the deceased doesnt become common. Back in the late 1800's I believe it was the norm. They even went as far as propping them up in lifelike poses.
    Was a very common thing to do back in the day .

13. Member
    Back in the Victorian era, taking pictures of the deceased was common practice. It allowed the family to have a momento of their loved ones at a time when photography was fairly rare and also was a way of coping with grief.
    (There's your daily history lesson)

14. Member
    I carry mine everywhere including church, but I do turn it down while at church. Our preacher made mention of folks phone going off during service and he hadn’t more than got it out of his mouth his went off about 1000 people went to laughing at him, still hasn’t lived that one down!!!

Sorry for your loss.

Been to several Italian Funerals, the old women were in the casket kissing and hugging the deceased. That was 80s, so I would not be suprised if puctures are taken now.
    Yes I was a bit freaked out.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maralunatic View Post
    Back in the Victorian era, taking pictures of the deceased was common practice. It allowed the family to have a momento of their loved ones at a time when photography was fairly rare and also was a way of coping with grief.
    (There's your daily history lesson)
    To add to that isn't that where the term "living room" came from? Didn't they display the dead in what was called the "death room" of the family home. Later once that practice was no longer going on I think they renamed it the "living room" as who wants to have a house with a death room. lol

we went a friend's and some one was Facebook Live, so the ones who could not make it could watch..
    our was sitting in the truck..

Taking a picture would be tacky IMO. Not sure why people can't leave their phones in the car or even (gasp) at home. People have the feeling of loss without a phone, but sometimes I leave it at home, so I have a feeling of peace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12