Garmin possible new sidevu and downvu transducer?

I had heard a rumor that a new sidevu and downvu transducer was in the works? Anyone else hear anything about this?

2. Member
    There's always something in the works at Garmin. That being said, the GT34UHD hasn't been out that long and the hi definition on it is really good.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

3. Member
    Lord let’s hope so. The side and down quality is one thing holding them back.

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    As I have said before the side and down are some of the best I have seen Iam so glad I made the switch to garmins and have no issues with side and down .I have 2 93 along with a 1042 and now Iam ordering a 126 .If it sucked I would jump ship as I have no ties to garmin or any of the others.

5. Member
    Been holding out on going uhd just for this reason. Practicle or not those mega imaging + images sell a lot of units.

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Here’s the thing my buddy has 10 mega and another had 998s neither produced better real time all the time pics than my garmins.I think every once in a while you get that perfect pic and other times not on all units.

7. Member
    Then something was wrong with his units. The ultra Garmin isn’t even close.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Here’s the thing my buddy has 10 mega and another had 998s neither produced better real time all the time pics than my garmins.I think every once in a while you get that perfect pic and other times not on all units.
    I agree with this. I had a hbird helix 9 mega unit for about a month. Yes, you could get some fantastic images on it, but to do so, required constant tinkering with settings. And bird menus are awkward imo. I returned it for an echomap 9+, and was way happier. Definitely not as "pretty" of a picture, but much easier to get dialed in and go fishing.
    Now I have an ultra, and get very clear imaging on a unit where navigation is much more intuitive.
    If garmin comes out with a longer range uhd transducer, bird is gonna be in trouble.