Thread: New battery

New battery

I had posted a few days ago about losing power in my battery thinking I had a draw. I haven’t located any issues in the boat anywhere so I’m betting another bad wet cell. Looking at this https://m.samsclub.com/p/duracell-ag...gm/prod3590232

will this be good for a starting battery on my SHO with 2 helix units and pumps ect

That is a popular choice for lots of folks here on BBC . Should do well. FSHRMN1010

3. Member
    Is the Deka 31m intimidator the exact same battery? It says agm deep cycle but has specs of 1000 Mca 800 cca 210 reserve at 25 amps. Should be more than enough starting power even though a deep cycle. But I want to confirm a dc battery would be okay

4. Member
    Yes, that battery at Sam's is a relabelled Deka Intimidator 8A31. East Penn just puts the Duracell label on it. At 800 ccas, you should be fine as long as your SHO requirements are around 600-650 ccas. AGM batteries are really dual purpose
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Member
    If your Helix units are juice hogs like my Solix units it may not be enough. I have had to go to an1150 CCA with 225 RC to keep my Verado starting all day.

6. Member
    Which battery supplies that kind of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig_Man View Post
    If your Helix units are juice hogs like my Solix units it may not be enough. I have had to go to an1150 CCA with 225 RC to keep my Verado starting all day.

Always "Huntin" the IA Bass!

Boat: Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion Unit: 200 Optimax ProXS
    Vertical Depth Propulsion Adjustment: 8" Bobs Action Jack
    Underwater Surveillance: Solix10 G2 Console & Solix10 G1 Bow
    Anchoring: Powerpole, Ultrex Spot Lock
    Dynamic Positioning System: Ultrex i-pilot Link

8. Member
    The helix units are not power hogs like the Solix. The group 31 Intimidator/Duracell has a nice hefty RC of 210 anyhow. The X2/Northstar linked above is a beast, and probably the best AGM around right now for a bass boat.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hchamberlin1 View Post
    I had posted a few days ago about losing power in my battery thinking I had a draw. I haven’t located any issues in the boat anywhere so I’m betting another bad wet cell. Looking at this https://m.samsclub.com/p/duracell-ag...gm/prod3590232

will this be good for a starting battery on my SHO with 2 helix units and pumps ect
    Had one several years, never had any issues.

Don't know about the SHO requirements but two Duracell 31AGM's cost less than one of these. https://www.batteriesplus.com/produc...1m/sli31agmdpm

10. Member
    I got the Duracell AGM and dropped it in. Powered everything up and boat turned right over. We’ll see how it goes but I had 2 Napa’s fail just this summer. I know they are dekas also but that commercial line did not impress me to say the least

11. Member
    Which battery supplies that kind of power.
    i got the one in the link above. It is made by North Star and they are only a few miles from my house.

12. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Powered everything up and boat turned right over. We’ll see how it goes but I had 2 Napa’s fail just this summer. I know they are dekas also but that commercial line did not impress me to say the least
    For many cost conscious rec boaters, you are not alone.

I had a Duracell agm 31 completely fail me after 4 months of use and never fully discharged and usually discharged down to about 40%. Then one day a couple weeks ago I was dead in the water after 6 hours. Charge back up to 100% and dead again 6-8 hours later. I run a northstar and Duracell in parallel for cranking so I was only running off the northstar during this time. Fully charged said 11.2 volts, northstar said 12.97 when I disconnected my parallel lines. When measuring them together I was seeing 12.7 volts but after about 2 hours on the water I was down to about 12.2, Sams took the Duracell back no questions asked. Then didn’t even test it when I brought it in.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright