Thread: 2 year old z20

2 year old z20

Hello, I have been looking at many options for new/ used boats. I was just reading the Skeeter forumn about compartments leaking, that would just piss me off. I have a new 190 tracker and my biggest complaint is just size and wet everything! Are there any common issues with the Nitros, they seem several thousand less than the competitors. I see a very well equipped z20 on here for 40K. Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Love mine, no issues. Seriously.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

my few issues had been a 5 minute tlc fix from me, add some carpet glue, tighten some hardware, love it
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Yep, same here for me. Bought a new to me 2016 Z20 and it rides real nice the fit and finish is phenominal. I paid $39K for mine and it had low hours and warranty left on the motor.

I've had to go through and tighten some hardware and had some minor issues with DIY stuff. I was sold on Skeeter at one point and have never looked back.

5. Member
    Pulled my 2019 Z21 from Lake Fork to Iowa, with no cover, through driving thunderstorms and torrential downpours- all compartments dry!!

6. Member
    I think all boats will have some sort of issue. I also have had issues but nothing a little DIY & TLC can't take care of. I think it all comes down to how you feel personally about a boat. Take a ride in one and see how you feel. Look at fit/finish, size, layout, fishability etc. then make a decision. Of course cost is a factor also. I would love to have the perfect boat...but do they really exist?

7. Banned
    I have a 2016 z18. My rod compartments do leak if I am out in a thunderstorm. However, I keep my boat in the garage so it's not a big deal to me. As others have stated, perhaps a simple TLC solution exists but I haven't spent the time to mess with it since it doesn't affect me.

8. Member
    I have had an issue with the carpet on the bunks on the trailer where the glue got loose. It was a quick fix and I love the boat on how it handles, storage and looks. I agree that there is no perfect boat out there could I change something on it but I think if i had a more expensive boat I could find things I would want different also. Not sure were you are from but i am in Pa and I agree with an earlier post take a ride in on and you will like it. I would give you a ride in mine if you are ever in Pa.

9. Member
    I have had an issue with the carpet on the bunks on the trailer where the glue got loose. It was a quick fix and I love the boat on how it handles, storage and looks. I agree that there is no perfect boat out there could I change something on it but I think if i had a more expensive boat I could find things I would want different also. Not sure were you are from but i am in Pa and I agree with an earlier post take a ride in on and you will like it. I would give you a ride in mine if you are ever in Pa. i have a 2019 Z19

Man it was a wet year in Texas this year, got rained on this last weekend too. My lockers have not gotten wet at all.
    Last edited by BMCD; 08-21-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

11. Member
    Thanks for the responses. Im still undecided. There are some great prices on well equipped used boats, need to decide if its worth it. I definitely want Mercury, Ive had way too many friends with blown up newer Yamahas. I think Ill offer mine up soon and then decide. I appreciate the offer for a ride, I did that once in an Allison and have wanted one ever since. They are pricey though

12. Member
    Z21 here not Z20 but only my 2nd season with her after purchasing new, sitting at 175 motor hours and no wet compartments at all or Nitro issues. The only issues I had were with the Mercury and power poles, both were handled under warranty promptly.

13. Member
    I bought mine back in October. I have had a few issues but they were all taken care of by the dealership from where I bought the boat. Battery charger wire was cut to the battery. They put in a whole new 4 bank charger. Wheel bearing was not sealing. They put on and cleaned out the bearing with a new one. The biggest issue I had was the rod locker leaking from where I do not know. It also did not dry out that well but after discussing on here what might be the problem, it was me. I had it jacked up too high and did not leave the lids open to let it air out. Now I keep it level in my garage and leave lids open I have not had any wet rod locker boxes.

2015 Nitro Z-9
    Mercury 250 Pro-XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex MSI I-pilot link
    Humminbird 9 Mega SI at Console and Bow

14. Member
    My main issue with my 2016 Z20 is the carpet. It is showing terrible black wear streaks. I am gong to have to replace the carpet. I am ashamed to have anyone see it.