New Boat, New Member... Prop Recommendations 115 Pro XS 2B225488

I am in the process of getting a custom built aluminum boat. It is going to be a 19 foot, 60 inch wide across the bottom, 3/16" thick center console. It will have full walk in floors, casting deck, poling platform, catwalks, lights, TM, Livewell, (all the goodies), etc. Pushing it will be a Mercury 115 Pro XS Command Thrust.

It will have a 7 degree dead rise so it is not just a flat bottom aluminum boat.

I believe it will be slightly heavier than or just as heavy as some of the aluminum bass boats that are 18-19 feet long.

If you have or have been in a boat similar its size with the Pro XS 115, what speed and efficiency numbers are you all getting, and what prop are you running?

The builders are recommending the Enertia 14x19.

Thanks.
    Last edited by samck96; 08-21-2019 at 07:51 AM.

2. Member
    I run a Tempest 21P on my RT188. The Tempest is a very aggressive prop and pairs well with the command thrust engine. My top speed is 47.5 mph @ 6150rpm with a 7.6% prop slip. Numbers wise my setup is efficient. Speed wise I am a little disappointed but I can live with it
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

3. Member
    For your unique boat I'd follow the builder's recommendation as they clearly have some knowledge of what performs best on their boats.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Since your engine is a 115 Optimax, I'm moving your thread over to the Mercury Forum (rather than the 4-stroke Engines Forum).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Since your engine is a 115 Optimax, I'm moving your thread over to the Mercury Forum (rather than the 4-stroke Engines Forum).
    Just realized I pasted the wrong serial number on the OP!
    It is going to be the 4S 115 and I have since changed the serial number to the correct one.

Sorry for the confusion.

6. Member
    I think Silverfox has a good recommendation. I like the Tempest Plus props but no clue on pitch or if it would be correct prop for a custom boat.
    2013 Lund 2010 Pro Guide, 150 Verado SN:2B024387
    2X Helix 12's Mega G2N's, Lvl. 2 Merc Monitor